Part 61

Chapter 61

SARAH'S POV

There was an undeniable awkwardness as I flew beside my Father, Bella on my other side. I looked down fleetingly, admiring the muggle lights that issued from their homes.  

'Everything good?' Father asked, not looking at me.  

'Perfect,' I muttered, knowing it didn't matter how sarcastic I was. Father's eyes shone with the excitement, the thrill even, of murder.  

He would kill Potter today and he, being the deranged being he was, he'd enjoy it. Immensely.

Both Bella and I were strangely silent as we zoomed through the clear morning sky. Lucius and Dolohov were on guard ahead of us, Yaxley and two others behind. In all honestly we were probably the safest, wrapped in a circle of protection, much as Father disliked it.

***

The Department of Mysteries was all but silent when we arrived, on account of our Ministry agents removing them. We approached  

The stage was set. 

Now we waited for Potter to arrive and the acting to begin.

BELLATRIX'S POV 

'But I wish to remain with you my Lord,' I said, somewhat whiningly. The Dark Lord smiled, his hand reaching and holding up my chin. I grimaced as he let me go, turning to where Sarah was behind us.  

'Yes Father?' she drawled, looking up from where she was seated upon a statue.  

'Will you take Bellatrix's place as head of the death eaters while she takes yours beside me?' Sarah, being the daddy's girl she was, narrowed her eyes at me- an open threat. I stared back calmly at her, knowing that whatever she chose wouldn't take into account my personal feeling.  

'Will I have full control over them?' she asked, fire tracing her eyes. The Dark Lord smiled, nodding.  

'It will always be true won't it?' he mused, 'you will always be mine, my blood and bone. You are so much like me.' He smiled lovingly at Sarah, who was staring at the black floor, blood filling her cheeks.

I went to say something but quickly held my tongue. I had problems of my own, problems that only Sarah knew and hence could share to the one person that perhaps valued her over me.  

'We do not have the time to muse over such things?' Sarah muttered, looking up. 'I will led the Death Eaters to Potter, restrain his friends, then hand Potter over to you. I only have one request.'  

The Dark lord raised an eyebrow.  

'Yes Sarah? I've given you full control over all our men, what else could you wish for?' Sarah smiled wickedly.  

'I want to be beside you when you destroy Potter. And before he dies I want to show him exactly who I am.'  

With a satisfied smile the Dark lord nodded.

RON'S POV 

The doors that stood before us were dark. Dark and gloomy, not something I wanted to venture further into. I looked at Harry with a sense of fear. Ge however, was too preoccupied with the thought that Sirius might already be dead. I cared somewhat for Harry's godfather, but it was a daunting prospect regardless. Beside me, Hermione raised an eyebrow.  

'You look ill Ron,' she said.  

'Nervous,' I said quickly, averting my gaze. Hermione nodded. She was scared too, I knew, but was careful not to let her control slip. Neville and Luna were behind us, Harry ahead, wand casting a white glow around us. I couldn't understand how he could be so calm, so determined in the face of danger.