Part 53 (2 of 2)

CHAPTER 53 P2

SARAH'S POV 

'Draco!'  

He turned around, his face a ghastly shade of white. I screamed. The cloth of his shirt was soaked in a crimson liquid I knew all too well. Blood. I yelled again, hurrying over and inspecting his wound.

Someone had stabbed him. There, in his stomach, was a deep cut, slicing over his stomach in a great red arc. I gasped as he looked down, his eyes widening in shock.  

'He didn't believe me. Figures.' Draco said softly, laying down on my bed. His breathing was normal but forced. 

'Crade! Get my father!' I yelled at Crade, who was curled up at the top of the staircase. But Father was already in my room, his wand smoking slightly. He looked at me with confused eyes before flicking to Draco.  

'Why are you on Sarah's bed?' he hissed. I scowled at him, pointing to Draco's gaping slice in his belly. 'You owe me one child.' he said, leaning over and whispering the words that would save Draco.

The blood seemed endless, slowly spreading to the rest of his body and my bed. Even when his skin knit together scarlessly The blood didn't go. Once my Father was satisfied he wouldn't die he uttered to me 'half an hour' and disparated before I could do so much as thank him.

'I'm really not that good a liar,' Draco laughed humorlessly. I could do no more than stare blankly at him.  

'Are you hallucinating? Delirious?' I went to put a hand on his forehead but he sidestepped me. I scowled at me, spinning around. He was staring idly at me, his bright blue eyes tired. 

'That bastard didn't believe me,' he said, 'I don't even how how he managed to get at me that quick...'  

'What are you on about?' I asked, genuinely confused.  

'Father left me and I went to this town right... I went into a bar and he had a go at me. I said I was Lucius Malfoy and he acted as though... Like he believed me. He was a much better liar than I.'  

I sighed and put my arms around him, holding him tight.

***

'Ahem.' I spun around, expecting Umbridge to be waiting. I relaxed a little, seeing only my Father. Then I froze again. Draco nearly fainted.  

'I'm so sorry Sir, I didn't mean to....' Draco stuttered. 

'Do not talk to me unless asked,' my father hissed in the voice he reserved for people like Potter. I stood in front of Draco, hoping to protect him if need be.  

'We go now.' Was all my father said. He held out a hand. I looked fleetingly at Draco, who was staring at the floor. I smiled sadly and took my father's hand.

****

I was glad he'd chosen to take me via side-along apparation; I didn't want to be in the empty sky tonight. I felt alone, even with my father beside me. I knew that Dumbledore would be waiting for me. Did I want to tell him everything? No. As much as I wanted to be good, to help save Potter and Hogwarts from my father I knew I couldn't do it. I would be the ultimate betrayer in the end. All that was left was to decide when I would betray.

'Are you okay?' Father asked once we were safely inside the forbidden forest. I nodded. 'You were awfully quiet on the trip.'  

'And? Goodbye Father. I wait for the plan to come full circle.' I smiled falsely and begun to walk, embracing the night like the monster I knew I was. I was the spawn of a monster.

SNAPE'S POV 

'It's not how I remember it,' Melanie said, pursing her lips worriedly. I laughed. We were at Grimmaud Place.  

'You've never been here before,' I said, 'this is the headquarters of something that hopes to overthrow the Dark Lord.'  

'That's awfully presumptuous, for Tom to announce himself a lord.' Melanie said, hiding her anger within her wording. I smiled again, taking her hand and walking to the front door.

I knocked twice, half-expecting for no one to answer. It wouldn't be the first time that Sirius black had shunned me. I just hoped there was another of the Order there. Thankfully when I rang again the door was opened, revealing an exhausted Remus.

His red-rimmed eyes overlooked me and he nearly fell to the ground upon looking at Melanie.  

'Who the hell is she?' Remus growled at me. Behind him I could hear footsteps, quiet yet careful padding up the hall. Nymphadora Tonks emerged, red haired for once. She regarded me with a similar "Only Severus" expression before her large eyes focused on Melanie.  

'Do any of you know who this is?' I muttered. Remus shook his head and I waited for Tonks to do likewise but to my surprise she nodded.  

'I just spoke with Albus,' she said, 'you may both come in.'  

With heavy feet I followed the two into into the house of Black, pulling a very confused Melanie behind me. I was dreading telling them about Sarah.  

I felt like I was betraying her.