Part 39

CHAPTER 39

DRACO'S POV 

'I don't understand you father, why am I not allowed to partake in a party that's in my own house?' I asked, straightening my suit and staring blankly in into the long mirror at my front. My Father said nothing for a minute, walking up behind me and placing a hand upon my shoulder.  

'It is not my wish to exempt you Draco, but rather the Dark Lords. He has warned me that if you approach his daughter without his consent, you shall die, as will I for not enforcing his words. You are to remain here.' I nodded glumly and lay down on my bed, creasing my suit. I had worn it, thinking I would be going, but now I didn't bother, loosening my tie slowly. "Sarah" got to go to everything, why couldn't I? 'Because she's Voldemort's daughter,' A voice in my head told me. I groaned again. I wanted to go back to Hogwarts, I was sick of spending so much time with my Father, Voldemort's snake scared me half to death and there was still the case of that ANNOYING child, the one that was here in the manor with her father, something secret for Sarah I'd been told. I wondered briefly if the girl would be allowed to go. Most likely not, unless her purpose was to be present at the party. The dark lord enjoyed his power. I was scared of him, the only reason I hadn't asked Sarah out yet. I wanted to go so BADLY! Hmm... I flipped off my bed and went to my wardrobe, reaching to the very back. My Fathers old clothes. I smiled. Underneath the cloaks was a silver mask, the trademark of a Death Eater.

SARAH'S POV  

'A mask, really Bellatrix, it is so... Pretty.' Bella snorted and begun attaching it to my face. I smiled ruefully as I looked in the mirror. A goblin somewhere had outdone himself. I was clad in a black dress, my hair curled and running down my back elegantly. Narcissa had helped me with the make up, layering on black eyeliner and coating my eyelashes with too much mascara. It was Fathers wish for me to be exposed but only enough to be recognised as his heir. He still wanted me to be free enough to walk around without everyone cowering. Personally, I didn't care. I was nervous, even more so after my mask was put on. This was Bella's idea. It was only a half-mask, allowing me to talk normally. My cheekbones looked defiant, making me look somewhat ill. The eye hole's were wide to accompany my eyelashes and the edge metal swirled elegantly at each side, giving me a dark appearance. I looked beautiful but also daunting, I thought as I took in my eyes. I looked hollow, like my Father. I sighed and applied bright red lipstick.  

'Very pretty Sar,' Crade whispered into my ear.  

'Thankyou.' I slipped a black onyx snake pendant over my head, letting it fall loosely onto my neck. I touched it gently and smiled sadly. It belonged to the Marvolo's, I hadn't an idea how my Father had found it but I didn't dare ask. You NEVER asked questions like that to him, unless you held a death wish. Even I wouldn't cross that line.  

'Are you ready Sarah?' Lucius asked, knocking at my door.  

'Yep.'  

'The Dark Lord requests you in the ballroom.' I snickered. 

'We have a BALLROOM?!' I laughed aloud. Lucius grunted and let me be. I continued to chuckle as I descended the staircase, being careful not to trip on my dress. It ended just below my knee but I still had to be careful. Crade was also hidden in one of the silk folds, along with my wand. I passed Narcissa on my way. She was dressed in a long straight dress, her ankles covered by the shiny material. She smiled and bowed as I passed. Soon I'd have everyone's respect...

Father was waiting at the very front of the ballroom, sitting upon his regal chair like a king. He hadn't changed, still wearing his suit. He greeted me as I entered quietly.  

'I saved you a seat,' He told me. I chuckled and took my own chair, the only other one in the room. Crade slid out and entwined himself around the carved snakes in my chair. It was his favourite spot, for he could see everything but also be able to talk to me.