Part 27

Chapter 27

SARAH'S POV 

'Father I'm homeee,' I sung, racing up to my Father's conference room where he spent most of his time. I had floo powdered my way to the manor before remembering. My father wasn't here, Malfoy Manor was unsafe, violated by the public. Regardless, I decided to still run to his room, calling him and Lucius the whole way.

The room was... Light. I'd never seen light in here, albeit the bare flickers of candles my Father always burns. The heavy black drape was wide open, shedding thick sunlight on everything around me. I marvelled at how different things looked. I could see a small pile of Nagini's former meals, the bones forming a nice nest on top of a dusty bookcase. Huh, the bookcase was new to me too. I sauntered over and took a peek at the titles. There were various notebooks of my Fathers, filled with his personal spells he'd created over the years. I didn't bother to open them, Id already learnt them off by heart. Underneath was a thick novel to show in great detail how to create a horcrux. I shuddered and put it back hastily. The whole business of tearing souls freaked the hell out of me. Suddenly, I heard the door behind me creep open softly and two sets of feet enter. I smiled, assuming it was Lucius or my Father. I barely registered my eyes closing, head hitting the floor with a soft thud. Nor did I notice Crade tensing up, a worried hiss escaping him. My last thought? I didn't recognize my attackers scent. 

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• 

'Remus Lupin, get your arse down here! I think she's coming to and I really don't want to have to deal with her!' A voice rang through me, jolting me awake. I grumbled and threw a hand out unconsciously in a bid to achieve total silence. The voice squeaked and I yanked my hand back, forcing my eyes open.

What was with me and light rooms today? The one I was in now reminded me of the Manor and that was where I originally thought I was still in the manor... Until I rested my eyes on her. 

The woman, the source of my consciousness, was standing a fair few metres away from me, looking at me in confusion. I smiled in awe as her hair changed colour, from a to a vibrant green. That was sooo cool, I wish I knew how to do that. My wishes were forgotten as man in a tattered cloak walked in, a strange expression upon his face. He grimaced at me before saying something to the hair colour changing woman. She stood up and left, leaving the man to deal with me. He sat down without removing his eyes from mine. Something was... Different with him, I could tell. He wasn't an ordinary wizard, that was obvious from the way his eyes darted around to the edginess that was in his movements. 

'Hey,' I said calmly, entwining my fingers like my father did. His eyes widened at my seemingly contentness but didn't comment. 

'Hello. Who are you?' He asked me. I smiled cunningly, working out what the hell I was going to do. This dumbasses had kidnapped me without a clue who I was. I debated whether to use my true identity to scare the hell out of him but that slight inhuman feel about him held me back. 

'Sarah Malfoy,' I said, feeling using the surname Malfoy would be reason enough to be wandering in the Manor. The man said nothing, nodding slightly to himself. I rasised an eyebrow and his eyes snapped back to me. A flash of recognition ran through me as I took a breath in. I knew that scent, the mixture of wet dirt and... Dog. Fenir Grayback. Shitballs. 

'Werewolf,' I hissed, backing my chair away from him. He however, leant in, studying my face. 

'How do you know that?' His voice was like venom, burning my willpower like acid.  

'You smell,' I said with a barely concealed snort. I'd just said the guy stunk but if it offended him he didn't show it. 

'Well, you have your family's humor but not, apparently, their, erm, darkness.' His tone was lighter, happier perhaps. Maybe he was going to kill me? Meh, there's always a lil' anger power and me killing everyone. I laughed softly as the werewolf gave me a worried expression. 

'Aren't I allowed to laugh?' I asked. 'As you obviously know me, mind telling me who the hell you are? Why would you think I don't have darkness? Oh, and while you're at it... WHERE THE FUCK AM I?!'

I felt myself begin to heat up dramatically as I got angry,  

wand heating up in my back pocket. Huh? I thought they'd taken it...  

'Why didn't you take my wand?' I asked stupidly, not thinking that perhaps they had forgotten about it. The werewolf smiled softly and I knew that leaving me with a defense wasn't an accident. 

'I will answer your questions, all in good time, but for the minute I need you to trust me-' 

'Trust you? I dunno what the hell you've been smoking wolf but I think it's screwing ya up something major.' His face was a mask of fury but I really didn't care.' When you kidnap someone, you take into account that your kidnapee won't trust you,' I finished on a high note, sounding much too similar to my Fathers. The werewolf nodded but kept his thoughts to himself. Not for long, I though as I prepared myself to break into his mind. I lauched myself into that head of his, expecting easy access but running literally head first into a metal grate.  

'FUCKKK!' I yelled, knocking over my chair and falling to the floor in  

pain. My whole head was aching and I felt as though I was about to puke, but being stupid old me, I stood up anyway, a wave of nausea rolling through me. The Werewolf looked at me suspiciously. 

'I'm still a wizard Sarah and you're making me doubt all the good things Harry has told me about you,' He said. They knew Potter? That would explain why they were so fucked up and why they had so foolishly assumed I was on their side and you know, good. I shuddered at the very though, rubbing my temples in a bid to get rid of the headache that had begun pounding through me.  

'Okay. Well, now all you have to do is tell me one, where I am and two, who you are.' The man, no werewolf, sighed and leant back on his chair. I figured he was about to run me though his whole life story and I wanted to kill him but his relations to Potter stopped me. The misson. If this piece of shit decided to die, then people would begin to hate me and, whilst that was fine usually, I had a duty to fufill.  

'Well Sarah Malfoy, let us begin.' I nodded bitterly and relaxed, trying to calm myself.  

'My name is Remus Lupin and, as you pointed out earlier, I am a werewolf. I'm assuming the only werewolf you've had contact with was Fenir Greyback?'He said the name bitterly, hatefully. I nodded and he launched into a tale telling me all about how he wasn't bad, didn't kill, yadadada. Yeah, I kinda fell asleep half way, my eyes still open. He managed to snap me out of it by calling my name. 

'Yes?' I asked darkly, annoyed he had woken me from my boredom induced slumber. 

'I can take you back to Hogwarts now,' Remus Lupin the Good Werewolf That Doesnt Kill, told me. I looked at him dumbfounded. 

'What about the rest of my questions?' I asked. 

'I've answered all of them.' His tone was gruff and I wanted to protest so bad but the will to escape was too entrancing to ignore. I nodded and he stood up, floo powder in hand. He walked me over, this man who I knew nothing about, and spirited me back to Hogwarts. It was only when I had returned I noticed he hadn't come with me. How strange... wait a minute.... I spun around to find a red bird behind me, a pheonix. Shit.  

'Sarah? What are you doing in my office?' Double shit.