s i x t y - s i x

Draco Malfoy

I woke up with her sleeping in my arms.

The curtains were drawn halfway, revealing the morning sun's rays spilling all over the room. Her face on my chest, I brushed away her hair from her face. She looked so beautiful, she was gorgeous. I watched her sleep, I traced her jawline, her face peaceful as she slept in my arms.

My fingers traced the curve of her lips, her breath soft and steady against my bare chest. Her hand was gripping my side, our bodies still intertwined from last night.

I couldn't resist the urge to kiss her forehead, my lips lingering on her skin
I never had this feeling before, not even with Astoria- I swear I felt the urge to say those words last night they were almost on my lips, but I didn't. Waking up on a Christmas morning with her in my arms, like the best present ever.

These past few days with her staying her felt surreal, like I was dreaming, even if I had this dark mark branded onto my arm, even if I had do some things that I wouldn't, even if I had to kill someone, remembering that she was staying here, sleeping in my bed, using my shower made me want to finish those dark lord's demands and come home as soon as I can.

My mother was doing better, she liked talking to her, and that was just another plus, I just hope Nicolas doesn't do something to hurt her, I don't really care what father says or thinks about her, because he doesn't really care either. I just hope she stays away from my excuse of a brother Nicolas.

That's when I realized I was falling- I had fallen hard for her, the feeling in my chest growing intense.
I watched her a little bit more, before moving slowly and gently from under her, trying my best not to wake her up, her arm and leg still around me.

I sat up on the bed, placing her head on the pillow. She stirred slightly, her hand moving towards the coldness where my body was supposed to be and then settling down again. I watched her for a moment, my eyes trailing over her features. How could I not fall for her? With her messy hair, all over the pillow, her lips parted as she breathed, she looked so peaceful.

I leaned down placing a soft kiss on her forehead, the urge to tell her those three words almost overwhelming me.
But I didn't, I pulled away and stood up, stretching my limbs, I walked near the window looking out at the snowfall before heading towards the bathroom for a shower.

I got out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around my waist my hair damp and tousled as usual.

I walked back into the bedroom and went over to the wardrobe, as I took out a pair of boxer and a white shirt, I hear a knock on my door, I quickly pulled on a trouser, as I cracked open the door to see the house elf standing "Master Lucius is wanting to you be in his study," she says.

"Alright, tell him I'll be there soon," I say to the elf, and she bowed low and walked away.

I sighed as I closed the door and walked to the bed, I looked down at her, still sleeping. I wanted to go back, and lie down with her. I sighed, I wanted her to wake up in my arms, I wanted to tell her "merry Christmas" I didn't want to go to my father, I just wanted to stay with her.

But I pushed those thoughts away, I picked up my wand and gave her a warming charm before heading down stairs.

I made my way up to my father's study, seeing the door opened, I went in, to see my father and mother sitting together on one of the couches, "sit," my father said, so I sat down on another couch across from them.

"Draco," Mother says looking across at me, her face a little pale "did you have a good night?" She asks, my eyes flickering from my mother to the cup on tea in front of her, and then to my father's hands which were clasped together in front of him.