f i f t y - o n e

Draco Malfoy

How do I tell her everything that's been going on, her mother already warned me to not drag her into my mess, to stay away from her. My brother thinks she's a game, I don't even know how he knows so many stuff about her, in the first place, when they've never even met.

I can't tell her about the dark lord, about me getting marked soon, I can't tell her that the thing Astoria wanted to talk about being marked, she was going to be marked soon, her family got involved a week ago, she's still shocked from the death she saw yesterday, she wanted someone to talk to.

I would have too.

"But you're keeping something from me," she said, the anger in her voice was evident. "Something that is obviously important and you don't think I can handle.”

I wrapped a hand around her waist and It tighten around her back "Please, let me protect you from the things I can. You don't need to know everything."

"What if I want to know everything?" She asked, her tone starting to soften, "what if I could handle the truth, if you just gave me a chance"? She seemed genuinely frustrated and upset but she was still so soft, in way that was almost alluring. I felt a mix of emotion inside of me, and I felt myself starting to soften as well.

It was hard to resist her, even now, despite everything I had hidden from her.

"But—“ I started saying before I was cut off by the look on her face as she was looking up at me, it felt like it was drilling through me.

She was so frustrated, almost like she was about to cry again if she didn't get her way. "You know what" she paused and sniffled slightly as she looks away for a second sitting up on the bed, looking at me as I'm leaning back on the headboard "Just promise me one last thing Draco— if you don't want this—if you don't want us then you'll stop—stop visiting me, talking to me, writing to me, helping me, protecting me or anything else,"

I feel my heart beating slightly faster than it should, which is weird, I've made countless of decisions in life that should have gotten it beating way faster that it is right now, but the thought of losing her—of her cutting me off made my heart beat faster; it was like I couldn't breathe.

I've made it hard for myself now to tell her everything, she's going to hate me if I do, especially because she's asking me this now, in this way.

What should I do? Should I just agree to this? To stopping this? To ending whatever we're doing. I can feel the anger inside of me rising but now it's more fear. Fear that I'm going to lose her because I can't tell her the truth about why I have been hiding things from her.

"It's not that I don't want this, Thea," I say.

She looks back at me, finally seeing my face again as I look up at her. I let out a deep breath, thinking about the words I've just said. I don't want this to be done- I can't end this and I have no idea how to keep this going either.

Her lips parted slightly as she breathed in through her nose, the look in her eyes was like it was piercing me to the core. "If we're doing this, I don't want to do this in secret, I don't want a secret relationship like I did with Nott, I don't want any secrets, I won't do it again," she says gluping.

I can feel myself letting the anger building up again not at her but at the shitty situation, but I'm trying my best to keep it at bay. I have to stay strong- I have to keep it together for her sake but the thought of my dark mark is starting to get back in my head. I can't lose her, not now. She's asking what I want right now, I can't stay silent, I want her but there's nothing that I can do about it anyway, I don't know what to do any more, the mark is going to come soon.