f o r t y - t w o

I smile at Jules, she was sweet and one of the few people aside from my parents that I actually liked.

I hugged my cousin back and asked her "It has been a while, how have you been?" I asked her as we pulled apart from the hug.

"I've been good just, you know keeping myself busy and all that" she chuckled and nodded

"That's good," I said with a smile

"How about you?" she asked me back

"I've been alright," I answer

I listened as my aunt and mother discussed about dad's condition.

Jules was going to college in Paris and studying law, so most of the conversation is about that. We spoke about friends we have from school, and funny situations we had that made us laugh.

It was nice having someone to talk to about random stuff from school, and it was much more pleasant to talk about the little things rather than what's going on at the moment.
"Why don't you girl go back home? Thea can freshen up?" My aunt says looking at me and Jules

"It's fine I can stay for a bit" I say shaking my head,

"No I really don't mind" Jules says "I mean it's been a while since we last saw each other it would be nice to have a nice chat" she says looking at me.

"You should go rest too, you've been in the hospital since you got here this morning, you must be tired" my mom says nodding

My aunt's expression softens as she looks over to my mom then she looks at me "I'll take care of your mom and dad while you're at home, you should go with Jules" she says to me

"Fine, I guess I should get some rest" I reply back to my mom.

Jules keeps smiling at me and she takes my arms and starts walking to the door with me "When was the last time you visited us?" she asks as she walks with me

"Hmm let me think, I feel like it's been at least a one and half year" I reply as we make our way through the long hallway of the ward.

Jules chuckles softly as we walk "Wow that's pretty long" she says "so what have you been up to for the past year and half?"

We're walking down the stairs then towards the parking, "Nothing much, what can you even be doing in a boarding school," I reply.

Ofcourse I can't tell her or share anything with her about the wizarding world she doesn't know about any of that, only my aunt knows because of my dad, he's a muggle too but when my mom fell in love with him she had to tell him about the wizarding world, which eventually led to aunt finding about it, she's been keeping this a secret like it's supposed to be.

"Oh come on it's boarding school there are tonns of things you could do," she rolls her eyes before opening the car door for me.

I chuckle softly at her attitude and I sit in the passenger seat of the car and I fasten my seatbelt, "Like what?" I ask

Jules laughs as she gets in the car and buckles herself "Like sneaking out at night to go on adventures, breaking out of your dorms to meet your secret boyfriend and stuff"