t w e n t y - o n e

It was probably half past twelve when we were walking through the forest, for the after-party held in another house on the same property, nestled in the midst of the woods.

William and Blaise walking at the very front with me and Hazel just behind them, and the other crowd of student and friends behind us, in groups walking through the bushes, laughing and joking around.

My gaze caught Hazel lost in her thoughts beside me, she's been really quite since me and William told her about what happened with Dahlia and I get it, but we have to act normal for now,- for Blaise.

"Did she talk to you?" I ask her catching her attention as she looks at me.

"Oh, not really, she was sleeping when I got there, I told one of the house elf to look after her for few hours till we get back," she says pushing the dried out weeds out of our way.

Something in my stomach twists, going to this after-party doesn't seem right, I wouldn't be able to get the image of Dahlia out of mind, lying on the bed, what if she needs something? What if she takes drugs again. I couldn't let that happen.

"Maybe I should go back and stay there" I say looking into a distance watching Blaise and William pushing eachother playfully.

"What-"

I stopped in mid walk, as a couple and a trio walked past me and Hazel giving me confused looks before continuing walking whispering things in eachother's ears.

"You wanna go back now? We're halfway through" Hazel says pointing her hand towards the way behind us.

"It's fine, I know the way,-" I got interrupted by another pair of friends walking past us bumping into me and Hazel.

"I'll come with you" Hazel says pulling my attention back at her.

"What-no no you go, and tell Blaise I just stayed behind because Dahlia wanted me to? Alright?- I'll be fine." I explained to her as he drops her shoulders.

"Thea-"

"Please, I'll be fine I promise" I say reassuring her before she could answer I turned my heels and started walking the other way, exchanging sorry to everyone I bumped.

I saw from a distant Malfoy, Adrian and Pansy walking together, as Adrian says something making Malfoy roll his eyes and Pansy laugh. I was in a hurry so I decided to walk right past them when I hear Pansy calling my name.

I bit my tongue, before turning around slowly "yeah?"

"I thought the party was that way" Pansy says pointing towards where everyone was walking.

"What kinda secret party are you going to" Adrian laughs, making Malfoy slap the back of his hand on his chest.

"Where are you going?" Malfoy asks, as a girl bumps into her- her cheeks flushed, as he gave her a cold look making her walk away from there faster with a quite sorry.

"I-i just left something behind, you all enjoy the party though" I say not giving them a chance to speak as I turned my heels once again walking away faster this time.

Soon I was left alone all the crowd was ahead, and I was going back, I could faintly hear their laughter as I made my way back to the manor.

It wasn't like, I didn't feel paranoid in the dark forest, all alone, but I know the way back, it's only matter of few minutes before I can get out of this forest, I keep glancing over my shoulder every now and then as I walked forward, my body stiffnes as I hear the rustle of bushes, my head snapped back, and I saw the bushes moving.

I told my brain to make my feets move quickly, I should run, I know I should, but somehow my brain seemed to froze along with my feets, I was about to open my mouth and ask who was there when Malfoy comes forward with his nose scrunched up, brushing his clothes off, as pushed the dried out branches of trees off his way.