f o r t y - f o u r

Draco Malfoy

I'm looking around mindlessly as I walked forward, scanning each house, looking through the window from afar, families sitting on the couch seeing television, kids playing inside,

I keep walking, searching for the house I need, but everything looks the same, I need to scan through every single house, every single house has a family inside it, kids, adults, adults with kids, a baby in a stroller—

I keep walking, scanning over 10 houses, and finally I saw the house I need. I see a name plate of an house, Sylvia Jones oh great. Maybe this is her aunt's house.

I took in a deep breath before walking up to the porch then knocking on the door twice.

A few seconds later— no, a few minutes later the door opens and a middle aged woman appears before me she has a soft smile on her face, her eyes are kind.

"Yes? can I help you?" She asks

I swallow hard, my heart is pounding in my chest, "I was hoping to meet—"

Before I could continue to Jones mother comes from behind "Sylvia who's there—" she paused when her eyes lands on me.

"Draco? what are you doing here?" she asks pulling the other woman behind by her shoulder and standing in front of me.

"Mrs. Jones," I greet her forcing a smile.

She gives me an awkward smile before she replies "Are you here to meet Athena?"

I take a deep breath and I smile, "yes I was hoping to talk to her"

The way she raised an eyebrow before she replies "And why is that?"

"Oh you're Thea's friend — I'll call her" the other woman probably Jones' aunt says but Jones'mother stops her and tells her that she'll deal with this.

"I just wanted to talk to her" I say firmly to her mother.

"May I ask why?" her mother asks with a raised eyebrow.

I shift my leg a little bit before I reply "It's a little bit personal and I'd rather tell her myself"

She gives me a suspicious look "Draco" she paused and moved out of the house, pulling the door close behind her "I know what your family is into, I have an idea of what is going to happen and what is happening, and I do not want my daughter to be involved in any of that, got it?"

I am stunned for few seconds, I feel like someone just slapped me in the face. "I know, but I'm not here to for that purpose, trust me,"

Obviously I would never want her to get involved in this.

"I don't care what you're here for, Draco," she says in her polite tone which seemed forced."I'm not letting her anywhere near the darkness of the wizarding world and you know what I'm talking about" she lowers her voice.

"I know you think I'm in that but I'm not" I start before she stops me by raising her hand "Do not give me the I'm not one of them excuse, I see through it you understand?" she says.

I look at her then I let out a heavy sigh before I reply "I understand that you're protecting your daughter, but trust me I am not here to drag her into that darkness, there's something else that I need to talk to her about"