s i x t y - f o u r

Lucius hadn't joined for breakfast neither did Nicolas, I think it was my luck that I don't have to deal with his father or his brother, I don't know what his father is like, but I have a feeling that It would be nothing like Narcissa, and Nicolas well I don't think I want to deal with him again.

As Draco said stay as far away from him as possible

I don't know where Draco went after breakfast but he said he'll be back soon. Narcissa made me busy telling me everything about the Christmas ball tonight.

After she told me every detail, she took me to the garden to show me her favourite winter flowers. We both sat down on a bench while she told me the names of all the flowers in front of us, she said when she was younger she'd spend a lot of her time taking care of and playing in the gardens around the manor. Draco and Nicolas would play around a lot, climbing the trees, flying the broom and experimenting new spells some would even end up firing back at them.

From what Narcissa told me Draco and his brother seemed like they loved eachother when they were young, I wonder what happened because it was totally opposite now.

While we were talking, a few elves walked by. One of hem carried a basket of flowers that they put inside a vase.

“Oh! You should see the gardens in the summer, the colours really pop when the summer flowers bloom,” Narcissa said before she turned to one of the elves “what are those flowers called again?”

“Those is called Winter Jasmine, Madam,” the elf replied.

“Ah, yes Winter Jasmine, thank you dear,” Narcissa smiled at the elf before she turned back to look at the garden.

“When I first moved to the manor,” She began, “I loved going into the rose gardens, the perfume of the roses was so overpowering it made you feel intoxicated. I used to sit among them and read a lot during the summers,” She laughed “Lucius caught me once surrounded by dozens of cats,”

I raised my eyebrow at her, she chuckled "Then Lucius started to collect stray cats because he knew I love them".

A smile tugged at my lips, as she looked down at her hands, "and I remember when Draco came running to me with a mud covered kitten, he said he found it in the bushes outside, he was maybe seven then,"

She looked up at me "and Nicolas begged me to adopt it because he thought it might die if he didn't," I laughed "they both then promised me he'd take extra good care of the kitten, but then by the end of the day the poor thing would be covered with mud. Poor thing died in it's sleep a few weeks later", she sighed

I laughed softly "I'm guessing you had to get a new kitten then? or two?"
"Oh yes!" She chuckled "the day after the little kitten died, Nicolas came begging me to get Draco a proper cat because he'll be heartbroken, and then they brought back five kittens"

I laughed louder, she shook her head "Lucius was absolutely furious, but I absolutely adore kittens, specially when they're begging with a teary eyed face,"

I could feel laughter in my belly, as she continued "so I took care of them, I fed them and groomed them, Draco had a favourite kitten, so did Lucius and the rest of the kittens went to Nicolas. Lucius called me a sentimental fool for spoiling the boys that way, but then he'd spoil the cats with toys, and food and clothes."

I smiled, "My pet in Hogwarts was a cat too, but your mother didn't like cats she was more of a dog person she says" Narcissa said.

I nodded "Yeah, she loves dogs,"

"Ah I've bored you enough, I should go check if everything is in order for the ball," she says

I chuckled "I wasn't bored, I enjoyed the stories of Draco and his brother when they were younger," she stood up.