s e v e n t e e n

Few weeks later
Athena Jones

Dahlia been avoiding me still, even if she says she isn't, I have no idea what I should do to make it like before although now I've come to think there is nothing I could do.

I'm walking towards my class, alone and I'm already ten minutes late.

The hallway is busy as usual with students and the sound of them chatting and laughing echoes around the hallways.

I burst in the door of the classroom which was already full but thank god the professor wasn't here yet, I glanced around the room for an empty seat just to notice Astoria and Malfoy on two separate corner of the room.

Which was weird considering they were sitting together few days ago. I tilt my head before walking up towards Malfoy and taking a seat beside him.

he raises an eyebrow at me "Are you leaving your Anti- Malfoy rampage?" he says making me roll my eyes.
I roll my eyes in return, he knows me pretty well, I wonder if he really wants me to keep the feud going or just messing with me for the sake of it.

I lean back in my seat watching the students come in and finding their seats.

"I don't think you're worth the effort of a good rampage" I reply with a smirk which catches him off guard.

He rolled his eyes but it's clear on his face that the snarky remark amused him.

"What? Can't take it can you? " I smiled wide before leaning back again.

He rolled his eyes again with a smirk on his face.

But he didn't say anything in reply

"Come on, say something" I try to coax him, I'm getting a bit of satisfaction by annoying him.

"You are very annoying, you know that?" he replies.

I don't know why all of a sudden he's not trying to annoy me anymore, usually he'd go out of his way to get on my nerves but these days he's just been acting strange.

"Oh please says you" I scoff

The professor came in just when I was about to ask him more questions, I took my eyes off him and focused on the teacher waiting for the lecture to begin.

We're like 15 minutes into the lecture about the history of magic spells and incantations later, when I glanced at Malfoy who was scribbling something on his parchment.

"Did you and Astoria break up?" I ask looking at the other corner of the classroom to see Astoria sitting with some Slytherin guy.

He didn't respond at first, he actually seemed to be taken aback by my question.

"What makes you think that?"

"I don't know, I saw her sitting with someone else. Is that your replacement?" I couldn't hold back my snarky remark.

"We weren't together" he clears his throat without looking at me.

We weren't together?

I frowned for a second wondering why was he saying that when last year I asked him if they were back together he said maybe. and it was known obviously that they were a thing to everyone.