f o r t y - s e v e n

Athena Jones
Next day

I waited for Malfoy to come today he told me yesterday that he would but apparently he didn't, I told him I wouldn't jump to the worst conclusion and that's what I've been trying to do all day.

It's almost midnight and I can't sleep, the sudden of thirst for water made me get up from my bed without waking up Jules who was sleeping besides me, I walk downstairs into the kitchen taking the bottle out of the fridge, taking few glups, as I started to walk upstairs when I noticed a shadow under the front door.

I froze, my grip tightening on the bottle in my hand, as the front door slowly opened a tall figure stepping in, I couldn't see it's face I was about to scream as I swing the bottle towards the figure but it caught my hand and put a another hand on my mouth pushing me onto the wall.

"Shh! It's me, it's me" a familiar voice says my pounding heart slows down as I recognised Malfoy's voice.

My grip loosens, he removes his hand from my mouth as I try to breathe again, "Malfoy?" I asked, as his hands stay on my arms, holding me still.

I look up and he's looking down at me, his eyes have a worried look on them and he lets go, "are you okay?" He asks.

I nod my head, "what are you doing here?"I replied.

"I came to check on you." He replies in a low voice as he looks at me.

"I thought you weren't coming, when you didn't show up all day" I add.

"Something came up. But it's not important," he replies as he takes a breath, "I just wanted to check up on you,"

"It's almost midnight" I whisper rolling my eyes, then I hear something shift upstairs, I didn't want to wake anyone up, and specially not my mother, she'd already warned me to stay away from Malfoy.

So I grab his hand and dragged him outside the front door closing it behind slowly with a sigh.

Malfoy didn't question my action and just followed me outside, "are you scared of your own shadow?" He asks with a joking tone trying to lighten up the tension between us.

I roll my eyes "I'm sorry I'm not used to experiencing someone breaking into a house,"

"I didn't break into the house, I came in through the front door," he replies sarcastically.

"You get the point," my voice is hushed.

"I do", he says still holding onto my hand as he leans in slightly closer to my face pressing his lips against mine.

A rush of emotions goes through me as I close my eyes and kiss him back, my body leaning into his.

After a few seconds, he breaks the kiss, "How's your dad?" He asks

"if you think about my dad while kissing me I'm going to be very concerned," I say with a small chuckle

He chuckles softly as he replies "I think about a lots of things while kissing you, and trust me you're no where near it,"

"Is that supposed to be a compliment?" I ask with raised eyebrows.

He lets out a small laugh, "Yes? You take it as you like."

"I'll take it as a compliment." I reply with a small smile, "now, what did you mean by something coming up?"

"I just had a family emergency come up" he replies "It's not important, how's your dad? how do you feel?"

I frown, at his quick subject change but let it go "Uh- he's not better, it's been only two days though, mom says maybe he'll start getting better soon"

That's when it hits me, he actually cares, he cares about more than just making out with me, he wants to actually know about my life and know how I'm feeling. even though his expression hasn't changed his eyes are telling me otherwise, they are showing a concern that I've never seen until this moment, and it's making me feel at ease.

"And you? How are you?" he asks.

I take a second "Ask me tomorrow," I reply taking in a deep breath and squeezing his hand which was holding mine.

He looked at me and tilted his head slightly "Is this your excuse to see me tomorrow" he replied with a smirk, squeezing my hand back.

I try to hide the smile that's slowly spreading across my lips, "I wouldn't force you," I shrug "You don't have to come if you don't want to"

"You know I'll always come to see you," he replies letting go of my hand.

"Even if you're breaking into my house in the middle of midnight?" I raise my eyebrows, I'm enjoying his teasing.

"Wasn't breaking in, I came in through the front door," he chuckled

I roll my eyes, "you know exactly what I meant"

He chuckles, "I'm joking, I'll come and see you tomorrow whether you like it or not."

For the next one hour we sat there on my aunt's porch, under the moonlight, I never thought I'd feel so comfortable with him around— the guy I used to hate like it was oxygen, the guy who used to annoy me like it was his only job, and the thought that he actually thinks about me too made me feel so many things I didn't even know what it was.

I felt my eyes get heavy, it was late and both of us were pretty tired from the past few days.

"We should get to sleep" he breaks the silence "and before you say anything, I'm coming to see you tomorrow, with or without your agreement."

"I don't know whether to be flattered or offended" I said softly, he chuckles and I let out a small yawn.

"I'll see you tomorrow," he says.

"I'll see you tomorrow..." I say as he leans in for another quick kiss, I close my eyes as he pulls me closer to himself.

"Night" I let out one last yawn, letting go of his hand I stood up as he rose aswell, I let him leave before I head inside and upstairs, hoping that he's actually coming back tomorrow.

𓆙

Rewritten on: 1st May.