"Why?"

Atlanta, Ga📍

Monday, October 3rd
7:45 am

Niecey

"Wake up Niecey time for school!" My mom yelled.

I really don't wanna do this but have to maintain my good grades. Hi, my name is Denise but I go by Niecey, I'm 17, and I also love to sing and dance. I also have tattoos which I had to beg my mom for but they all have meaning which I will explain later.

Dragging my feet on this rugged carpet I head to my personal bathroom to shower and do my morning routine.

20 minutes later I get up to find an outfit to wear to school. I'm known as the weird kid but I must say I have style. My style goes from fairycore , 90's, tomboy, elegant, to comfy. I love clothes and to dress and it means everything to me.

My mom always told me, "Even though you have big bones don't mean you have to smell like it."  I always found that funny and ridiculous because my mom has zero filter. Next I moisturize my body, I have OCD so I have a schedule kinda, one mishap of this schedule and I feel dirty, I don't like to feel like that.

Moisturizing and hydrating my neck length locs, I finish off with my butterfly charms and gold accessories. My mom thinks I overdue it but hey I love it. Putting on my deodorant I head to my bed to put on my outfit for today.

My outfit consist of light blue baggy ripped jeans, white bodysuit, pink long sleeve crop top, and my pink valentine's day Jordan's. I put my locs in a bang with a half up half down hairstyle and put my perfume on. Grabbing my pink coach bag I fill it with my essentials. Going for my jewelry box I grab my jewelry and put on my nose charms, necklaces, and rings then head downstairs.

"Hi mom!"

I absolutely loved my mom she supported me when things got rough such as my weight. It's hard being a 255 pound girl all hips and chest but no butt whatsoever but you can't tell unless I turn to the side. My mom makes sure I feel beautiful the best way she can being a curvy woman herself.

My mom is a 5'8 , 230 pound, melanated queen with locs down to her butt. Her 5'8 stature to my 5'4 1/2 makes me feel puny.

"Hey baby, I made some breakfast help yourself, I'm heading to work be good." She hugged me and kissed my head.

"Also you look good this morning, finally dressing up about damn time, tired of you dressing like a boy, and your hips getting wider better not be no boy around my innocent baby." She said.

I looked at my mother and shook my head. I'm glad she takes time to compliment me, especially after my hard time with drugs and coping with them.

"Ewww mom, you don't have to worry about that and go to work." I laughed. Pushing her out the door she hugged me one more time and left for work.

Walking back into the house towards the kitchen I looked at the plate that consisted of eggs, toast, grits with cheese, and plant based sausage. I'm the only one that's a pescatarian in my house so I eat things differently.

A pescatarian is when you eat dairy, fish, and seafood but no meat. I put the plate in the fridge knowing I wouldn't eat it later. I also have an eating disorder called bulimia meaning I overeat and exercise twice as hard to get rid off excess weight. It got so bad I stopped eating unless I feel like eating, crazy right? but time to go to this fucked up school.

Heading to my car making sure all the windows and doors were locked in the house beforehand, another thing I do due to my OCD. I unlock the door to my 2016 candy apple red dodge charger. MY BABY or should I say "MY PRECIOUS !"

A gift from my dad on my 16th birthday for good grades. I love my dad, I don't see him much but he makes sure I'm fine I guess. He lives by the code the phone works both ways but I don't agree to that.

Anywhoo this bad boy has everything down to the LED lights under the car, 20 inch rims, and blasting speakers  including my all pink interior because it's my favorite color. And smells new because I don't play that you will not eat in my car folks but it's my happy place.

I put on my seatbelt, check my mirrors, and search for my phone to put on Apple Music. Yes I'm into neosoul, R & B , and rock. My favorite artists are Mary J blidge, Steve Lacey, Kali Uchis, Sza, and Summer Walker they are my favorites with the occasional Brent Faiyaz. I crank up my car and put on "Share My World" by Mary J Blidge satisfied with my decision I back up from my two story house on my way to the hell hole I call school.

Niecey's car

Did you guys like it ? Let me know and vote please