010 - Whatever Help You Need, Come To Me

010

— whatever help you need, come to me —

March 27, 2021

CRACKS AND SCREAMS ECHOED FROM THE SPEAKERS, LAST NIGHTS AGONY FILLING THEIR EARS. Hazel stood to the side, her eyes turned away from the computer that played both pedestrian and security footage of terrible and unhinged violence. Cole stood beside her, his eyes darting between the violence and his sister's blank expression.

Dick reached over the computer and paused the video, letting the others stay silent as they collected themselves. "A dozen dead in under two hours," Dick relayed, "Crane and Red Hood were only doing a trial run."

"Crane is weaponizing anybody willing to take his drug," Kory deduced. "It's turning people into violent psychopaths."

"That's what he did with Jason," Gar spoke up.

"Jason's gone," Dick said and Gar lowered his gaze. Both he and Cole looked at Hazel, but her expression remained the same as she kept her eyes turned away. Dick took a breath, "He's Red Hood now. It's time we all accept what he is. Now that Crane has the multiplier, he's going to start mass producing this drug."

"This was the damage with only three inhalers," Cole sighed, taking a step closer to the computers. "Gotham will implode if he gets more than a hundred out."

"Did you do scans on the machine yet?" Dick questioned, looking down at Conner who sat at the computer.

"Cole and I tried to trace the multiplier's heat and power signatures, but so far, nothing," Conner sighed and glanced back at Cole. "It's like he's hidden it."

"Keep looking," Dick ordered, stepping away.

"Where are you going?" Hazel questioned her gaze snapping up.

"There's another computer. The GCPD does this sort of thing. A bit better hardware," Dick explained.

"Why haven't we been using it?" Kory asked.

"Because it's illegal," Dick answered before walking off.

There was the light echo of the door closing and Kory sighed, her hands twisting the rings on her fingers. "Well, if we're breaking laws, I've got an unhappy mobster to track down," Kory said, dropping her arms. "Hazel?"

"I've got a few things to take care of," Hazel answered. Kory nodded and went upstairs, Blackfire steps behind her.

Gar looked between the stairs and Cole, his eyebrow raised, "Mobster?" Gar squeaked.

"It's Gotham," Cole said with a shrug. He looked over the computers before taking a seat. He pulled up dozens of files and Conner sat next to him, both reading over it as they looked for any sign of the multiplier.