015 - Calm Before The Storm

 015

— calm before the storm —

April 1, 2021
8:73 am, Themescuria

THE WIND BLEW ACROSS THE SAND AND WATER, ONLY GROWING STRONGER AS THE PLANE STARTED TO DESCEND. Terran sat on the wall overlooking the cliffs and blue water of Themyscira, the wind flying through her hair. Rachel walked toward Terran, with the girls flying out to meet the Titans they had shed the white cloths and armour for their more comfortable shades of black and Terran had almost jumped into Rachel's arms as she got all her jewellery and pins back.

Terran was busy fixing her dark green tie and oversized jacket, she didn't realise Rachel was beside her until she flicked her with her long black cloak. Terran jumped, cursing as she looked up at the demon girl who was laughing softly. "You said you wanted to talk before we left," Rachel said with a smile. She folded her jacket and sat beside Terran, one hand resting on Terran's knee, picking at the fishnets. "What's up?"

Terran looked over her shoulder, ensuring no one else was listening. "I saw Donna," Terran whispered, and Rachel's eyes widened. "In limbo. She was a boy named Tim who knows Hazel." Rachel sighed in relief and dropped her head onto Terran's shoulder. "And..."

"And?"

"I saw Hank." Rachel quickly lifted her head and Terran huffed. "Some real bad shits going down. I've been trying to get a hold of Hazel to get more information, but still no signal on this godforsaken island." Terran twisted to face Rachel and gave her a lopsided smile. "So I was hoping you could help me convince whatever pilot we have to switch routes to Gotham."

Rachel's eye brows furrowed, "Gotham?"

"It's where Donna's going, and where Hank died." Terran stood, ushering Rachel onwards. "C'mon, up, up, up."

"I'm coming!"

10:23 am Gotham City

Sparks of light flashed through the windows then shouts of surprise and laughter followed quickly. Hazel laughed again, her shoulders shaking as she watched the lightning bounce between Cole's hands, his hair standing upright. Cole panicked, trying to shake the lightning from his hands but the bright purple sparks shot off and charred the floors.

Once he noticed the discolouring on the floor his hands slapped to the side of his face, the power disappearing quickly as he stared at the pure oak floors. He started to ramble, babbling on about fixing it or paying for it. "Y'know Bruce is a literal multi billionaire, right?" Hazel questioned, leaning back on the bed, still propping herself up with one hand.

"That's not the point Haze, it's the principals," Cole chastised, rolling his eyes. "I have to figure out a way to fix it." As Cole began to ramble again Hazel moved toward the charred spot, her hand hovering over the floor as she pulled all the ash from the mark and used it to blend back into the floor. She stood, looking down at the mark, the colour slightly darker than the rest of the floor.