014 - Conner Kent: Super-Boy

014

— conner kent: super-boy —

HAZEL PULLED A BOX OF CEREAL OFF THE SHELF, KRYPTO FOLLOWING HER CLOSELY. Conner grabbed the largest bowl he could find, and Hazel hummed as he turned to her. "Okay, that's coming out of Dick's pay check," Hazel mumbled to herself as she filled the bowl with the last of the cereal. She saved a handful, letting Krypto eat from her palm. Conner watched her for a moment before taking a large spoon and began to dig into the cereal, shoving it into his mouth.

Gar opened the fridge and grabbed the last jug of milk. "So, we pretty much have the entire place to ourselves-" Gar tried to pour the milk into Conner's cereal, but he reeled back slightly. Gar persisted and filled the bowl to the top, continuing to talk as he did, "-uh, until the others get back, that is." Gar placed the jug down, his lips pulled into a tight smile. "Which should be soon."

"How did I get here?" Conner asked, his mouth full.

Hazel pulled herself onto the counter between the boys. "You don't remember?" Hazel questioned. Conner shook his head. "Do you remember anything?"

"Just little bits and pieces," Conner shrugged. "I remember feeling really sick, and hearing a lot of voices, and then it was like I was on fire, I remember your face and name because Eve-" Conner paused, looking between Hazel and Gar. "Is Eve here?"

"She was," Gar confirmed. "She, uh- She helped you get better." Gar chuckled softly. "Well, it was her and Kory and Hazel." Hazel gave Conner a small smile.

"Kory's why it felt like you were on fire," Hazel explained, and Conner nodded softly.

Conner shovelled more food in his mouth before continuing his question, "What is this place?"

A proud smile grew on Gar's face as he turned to face Conner fully. "Titans Tower," Gar answered with pride.

Conner's smile dropped and his eyes furrowed. Hazel laughed softly and nudged Gar with her foot. "Gar, he's been out for like three days," Hazel reminded, leaning back on the counter.

Gar's smile disappeared and he nodded. "Yeah, I guess that might sound a little weird with no context," Gar mumbled. "Um, okay. The Titans are a group of people like you, basically."

"Heroes," Hazel clarified.

"I mean, you're Superman's son, right?" Gar questioned with excitement.

"And Lex Luthor's," Conner added.

"Yeah, well, no one's perfect," Gar shrugged, laughing slightly. "You saved our friend, Jason Todd. He was falling from a building, and you caught him."

"And then I got shot," Conner remembered, his eyes widening.

"But then the Titans saved you and brought you back here," Hazel spoke up. "That's what we do."