005 - Nivarnas Complicated Answer

005

— nivarnas complicated answer —

COLORS DANCED ACROSS HAZEL'S FACE, LIGHTING THE FLOWERS IN HER HAIR DIFFERENT CLORS. Hazel smiled, her eyes scanning the shelves of records, vintage figures and posters displayed on the walls. "Holy shit," Rachel exclaimed stepping further into the room.

"You want a pop? I got everything," Gar called, resting his hands on Hazel's shoulders as he stepped around her. He made his way towards a bar area, a fridge and microwave set up on one side and even more figurines took up the space on the extra shelfs. Gar opened the fridge door, looking through the bottles inside. "Root beer? Orange crush? Grape crush?"

"Grape!" Rachel called out immediately.

"Hazel?" Gar questioned, taking the Grape Crush out for Rachel.

Hazel took Gar's jacket off, hanging it on a chair. "Orange, please." Hazel smiled, walking over to the bar top, picking up the small cactus attempting to grow from the small white pot. She turned it in her hands, laughing softly at the discoloured plant. "Did you kill a cactus? You know they only require heat and the littlest bit of sun, right?" Hazel teased, looking up at Gar.

Gar stammered, his hands fumbling as he popped the caps off the bottles. Hazel waved her hand and the cactus's colour grew back, standing tall and sprouting a dark purple flower.

Gar handed the drink off to Rachel before walking to Hazel, standing on the other side of the bar. "I'll uh, take better care of it," Gar mumbled, handing the drink to Hazel.

"I'm teasing Gar," Hazel laughed softly. Gar smiled and Hazel clinked her drink with his, both having orange Crush Pops. "Nice."

Hazel turned, walking away to look up at the Frankenstein poster on the wall. "That's an original. Nineteen forty-eight. You ever see it?" Gar asked, his eyes lighting up as he spoke.

"Do not get her started," Rachel groaned, stopping at an arcade machine. "Haze, when did the OG Dracula come out? The old ones."

Hazel laughed softly and sipped the orange drink. "The movie came out in February nineteen thirty-one and it's based on a stage play from nineteen twenty-four," Hazel relayed looking between Rachel and Gar. "And they're classic, not old. But I still prefer the stage plays."

"Thank you," Gar exclaimed, his smile so wide his eyes wrinkled slightly. "I've got every Abbott and Costello Meet a Monster." Hazel smiled and sipped on her drink.

"Who's your favourite?" Hazel asked.

Gar rushed from behind the bar and opened a cabinet pulling out an old DVD of the original Wolf Man. "What's better than a werewolf?" Gar asked.