010 - Hello Freaks

010

— hello freaks —

THE ROOM FELT UNEASY BUT AT LEAST HAZEL HAD AN ANSWER TO WHY. Hazel bound the son and daughter to chairs in Rachel's room. The son tried to reach out, straining against the vines holding his hands to the chair. "Uh, uh, uh," Hazel hummed, shaking her finger and the vines tightened. The boy strained and fell back against the chair, he and the girl glaring at Hazel.

Rachel stood in front of the kids, still keeping her distance behind Hazel. "Why are you and your weird family trying to kill me?" Rachel questioned.

"You should come with us," The boy said.

"Seriously," The girl nodded. "It's better for everyone."

"If not, we're all going to be in trouble," The boy spoke. He slowly turned to the girl, his stoic face meddling into horror, as did the girls. "You don't wanna be in trouble."

The girl nodded and turned back to Rachel. "No, you do not."

The girl turned her attention to Hazel and Hazel cocked her head to one side staring down at the girl. Hazel pushed Rachel back and she went to stand by Gar. The girl followed Rachel closely, but Hazel clicked her fingers and both kid's heads snapped up to look at her. "Don't look at them," Hazel hissed. Hazel pulled her hand up, a vine following her and forming a sharp spike.

"What are you doing?" Gar asked but Hazel quickly shushed him. The vine raced forward, stopping just an inch from the girl's face. She didn't flinch or wince, her face staying stoic even as the tip of the thorn traced her cheek. "Hazel?"

Hazel sighed and drew her hands back, "I hate to be the bearer of bad news. They're brainwashed. They're not gonna answer. Are you?" Hazel looked down at the kids and their eyes darted away sheepishly.

Rachel shook her head, turning towards the door. "I'm going to find Dick," Rachel announced, disappearing down the hall.

Hazel turned to face Gar who bounced on the balls of his heels. "You wanna go ask him about Batman, don't you?"

Gar turned to Hazel, smiling. "I'll be quick," Gar promised before racing after Rachel.

Hazel turned back to the two tied-to-chairs before walking into the hall, catching Kory before she turned down the hall. "Hey! Kory!" Hazel called.

"Stay and watch them!" Kory called out.

Kory turned down the hall and Hazel threw her arms up. Hazel pulled the door to Rachel's room shut before walking towards Kory's room. Hazel pushed the door open, the mother and father looking up at her. "Hello dear," The mother called.