004 - Unsmooth Sailing

004

— unsmooth sailing —

HAZEL CROSSED HER ARMS AND GLANCED AT DICK. Gar had rushed to find Hazel and Terran minutes ago, urging them both to follow him to the control room. Jason, Rachel and Dick were already waiting, staring up at the screen. One picture of the girl down the hall, her name Rose Wilson displayed under the photo, the other of a man Slade Wilson. "That's Rose's father?" Rachel asked, looking up at the screen.

"Yep. The one and only Deathstroke," Jason confirmed, his arms crossed.

"Is that somebody you know?" Rachel asked, looking up at Dick.

"Kind of. Old Titans business," Dick explained vaguely.

"Check it," Gar called, reading over the files. "Former Delta Force commando, part of H.I.V.E. 'Select soldiers who underwent a series of experimental bio-enhancements'. "

Terran walked closer, reading over Gar's shoulder. "Out of 35 trial subjects, Slade Wilson was the only one to survive," Terran relayed. "It says he retired years ago after Jericho, his son died."

"I tried having the computer find-"

"I'll take it from here," Dick interrupted. Dick pressed a button and the computer beeped quickly before the screens shut down. Jason stepped back and looked up at Hazel with furrowed brows. She just shrugged, unsurprised by Dick's secrecy.

The alarm security alarm started to blare, and Dick furrowed his eyebrows. "Security alert. Main entrance. Access denied," The security system echoed.

Dick sighed and turned the camera on. "So I guess you changed the code," Donna joked, Dawn and Hank standing with her.

Hazel stepped up and smiled. "Finally," Rachel laughed with a smile before rushing to the door, Jason and Gar following.

"Who are they?" Terran asked, looking over Hazel's shoulder.

"Hank and Dawn are the couple, and the other girl is Donna, all superheroes," Hazel explained, nodding for Terran to follow her. "They helped the last time everything went to shit."

"The ones that killed you?" Terran questioned.

Hazel sighed slightly, hanging her head. "Yeah, but they were possessed."

"You guys have no idea how much this place misses you," Rachel called once the others stepped from the elevator.

"This place, huh?" Dawn teased as she pulled Rachel into a hug.

"Mostly just me," Rachel confirmed.

"And me too," Gar interpreted, moving to Dawn once Rachel let go.