Episode 55

TL by Miru

I'm a Genius Idol but My Passive is Sunfish: Episode 55

* * *

"Are you not going to do it properly, Baekya?!"

It was already his fifth mistake in the same section. Revisiting their debut song 'No Games' for the first time in a while made him realize just how complex the choreography was.

DASE had been invited to perform at the 'K-Concert,' organized by the city of Incheon and the Korea Tourism Organization. This was why Baekya was struggling so much with the 'No Games' choreography during their 'WANT ME' activities.

Initially, the choreographer tried to laugh off the mistakes, but his patience was running thin, and his voice grew louder. Baekya's new skill, <Comatose State (D)>, played a significant role in this frustration. This disastrous skill seemed to be activated 24/7 without any cooldown, driving the choreographer to the brink of fainting.

"I'm sorry."

Baekya bowed deeply, breathing heavily.

'It feels like I'm going to throw up from the exhaustion.'

Was it him, who said there wasn't much difference between C and D grade skills? He corrected himself; the difference was as vast as heaven and earth.

While he was having these leisurely thoughts, those watching had a different perspective.

His face was visibly pale, prompting Namkyung, unable to bear it any longer, to intervene.

"Excuse me, choreographer-nim. It seems like Baekya's condition hasn't been good lately."

However, the choreographer was adamant. Normally friendly with DASE, treating each other as hyung and dongsaeng, he became a strict teacher once work began.

"Hyung, I'm okay. Sorry, guys."

Baekya apologized again, promising to get it right this time. The choreographer, after staring at the pale sunfish, let out a short sigh.

"Fine, let's take a 10-minute break."

It was his way of showing consideration.

It was already October, and the end of DASE's 'WANT ME' activities was in sight.

"Baekya, let's just push a little bit harder."

Encouraged by Namkyung's words that there would be more free time after this week's last music shows, Baekya smiled weakly.

"Yes. But I'm really okay."

Yet, no one believed these words.

Perhaps it started from the day his luck in drawing skills went south. He faintly sensed that the members, Namkyung, and Deokjin were treating him more cautiously.

'I can't tell them the truth.'

Baekya thought it best to act as usual, assuming things would be fine.

"I'm sorry for making the practice drag on because of me.."

As Baekya apologized, Minsung reassured him with a pat on the shoulder. He was a great leader.

"It's okay. More practice is good. And it's true you're not in the best condition."

'My condition, huh...'

If only it were only about the physical exhaustion. Baekya couldn't guarantee when he would regain his dance skills.

"Y-yeah... that's right..."