[51.1] THE PRINCE's CHAMBERS

•|•|•

"Don't throw him out of the race,"

•|•|•

[SILVER RAYNE WILLIAMS]

It is done.

Just like that. No second thoughts, no bargaining, or nothing.

My eyebrows draw in and for moments I can't believe my ears and then I let out a relieved breath, my shoulder relaxing, The stiffness in my back soothing.

I'm almost in the clear now, almost.

All this, everything I bargained for could be mine in six months.

Six months and then, I could be with Vella for as long as I liked. I fought the urge to pinch myself. This was reality. I had survived the darkest moment of my life.

I felt—braver.

Something heavy dropped on the table before me startling me out of my thoughts.

I am taken aback at the sight of the thick coat, and my eyes widen slightly, trailing up to the prince.

I had not even noticed when he had gotten up, or where he had gotten the coat from.

"You're cold."

He states it like a fact. One I cannot dispute.

My eyes drop to my exposed hands.

Goosebumps litter my skin and although I am not too sure if it's simply because it's cold or because I had been genuinely terrified at seeing the Prince.

I quickly tug at my sleeve, covering the exposed skin, nodding firmly, and taking the coat off the table. It's thick and plush beneath my fingers, luxurious in texture.

When I notice he hasn't moved, and his eyes watch me, I begin to put it on under his still gaze.

I'm not sure how he knew I was cold. He could have used his extra senses and spotted my skin react to the cold or—

Like he said, he could feel it.

Shit. This was a major problem.

It means I would have to be very, very careful from now on. It was no longer just pain he could feel. Even my discomfort. To whatever extent that may be.

Though he had given me his word, and although I would never trust a fang as far as I could I throw a car, there was something about the Prince's stature that just made me think he was incapable of lying.

Had he not been asking me to deceive a whole nation right now, I would have sworn on this fact.

But I can't, therefore I had to tread carefully.

Keep my side of the bargain. That was it. Give him a smooth transition to the throne is all he required of me. After that, I would have my own life.

Where I'm meant to be. Beside Vella.

"Silver."

The mention of my name in that cold tone draws my attention back to the Prince, freezing when I realize he must have been watching me, and quite intently.