[23.1] THE QUEEN

•¥•

HYBRID:

A Fang born of two different races. Contrary to the old belief, matings of two fang bloodlines rarely create a hybrid. Most times, one gene is recessive. However, in the rare instances that Hybrids are created, they are extremely powerful, especially if one or both of the bloodlines are pure.

Archives of History

•¥•

[SYRIA CANTOR VERIDIAN]

DESERTED. NO one in sight. No scent either—not that I could smell him if he didn't want to be seen.

Meow.

Rune brushed up against my dress, purring softly.

"I know, I know my darling," I sighed, my eyes trailing around the place," it's never deserted because he never leaves," I paused, my jaw ticking momentarily, picking up the cat.

"So bloody hell, where is he?"

Pursing my lips I walked forward, the trail of my midnight dress dragging after me, stroking Rune's fur. I walked toward the kitchen island.

Stepping up the platform, my eyes trailed the thousand-pieced puzzle that lay done- no, almost done except for the singular piece missing right near the top corner.

I studied it for a bit, eyes trailing over the picture.

It was a house on the outskirts of nothing, nothing but a quiet sea. A single man standing right out. His dark hair blew in the wild wind.

He looked lonely and yet, My head tilted to the side eyes narrowing on it. It was like he didn't mind the solace of loneliness. Peaceful perhaps, but in a rather sad way.

Rune pulled in my grip and I glanced down at him.

"Yes. I know." I grunted.

It was just like him to be attracted to this these things.

My gaze traveled the counter and stopped at the singular puzzle piece that sat a little ways away from it. I reached out for it.

"Mother."

My gaze flashed forward, eyes meeting that of a deep blank ocean gaze. Even bluer than the dupe in the picture.

I let out a startled breath. "Roman!" my eyebrows contorted, pursing my lips, "you know I loathe when you do that."

He didn't say a word. His silver-dipped gaze never left mine.

I pursed my lips, my undead heart clenching within me. He couldn't even smile at his mother. No familiar emotion tracing those cold pretty eyes.

"Then again, you are the only one who can. Perhaps that is why I can't stand it. It's just so unusual for me." I managed a grin, offering him a smile.

Though he remained silent I couldn't help but stare. My tribrid son was the only being in the world who could sneak up on a pure-blood Vampire undetected. His powers were swift and more efficient than any, more efficient than I, could ever be.

My pride and joy.

He remained in his silence, though kept his deep gaze set on me as I stepped down from the platform. I placed Rune on the floor, and she scampered away, launching into one of the exquisite couches I had ordered for my son last month.