[2.1] VELLA EASTER WILLIAMS

•¥•

SWORN:

A term used for a rare human who is found to be mated to a High Fanged and has a supernatural ability known as Strike. At the age of twelve, sworn blood can be detected in a human.

Archives of History.

•¥•

[SILVER RAYNE WILLIAMS]

I STARED blankly at the magazine cover for a lingering moment almost as if entranced. I found it strange how easily I could block out any other sound.

Prince Roman Ace Veridian turned twenty only a month ago. I could practically still see the number of flyers that littered the hallway when that happened.

Per Fang traditions, he was set to ascend the throne after his 21st birthday. It would be the first coronation in Fang history after the Fang war.

Everything seemed to be set in motion, but somehow all this seemed way too smoothly accomplished for my liking.

Something seemed off.

Everything was perfect and Perhaps it was too perfect. Wasn't it strange that the Prince had now officially had all he needed to ascend the throne?

He had even found his mate, the most important requirement needed for ascension.

It is a well-known fact that most Fanged have to search for their mates. That could take days, months, years, and even decades for some after their 18th birthdays.

It was also a well-known fact High Fang were amongst the unluckiest when it came to finding their mates, which is why when they did, it was absolute.

Yes, something seemed off. Like a shark in a river.
I could feel it in my guts.

I shook my head snapping out of it after a few seconds. Either way, it was not my mystery to solve.

I sighed, glancing between the two people in the image before crumbling the paper up.

What a sad way to live.

I never understood the concept of having a mate. It wasn't like the human idea of a soul mate; it wasn't natural and grown.

It was immediate and deadly. I shivered at just the thought of it.

Some human girls marveled over the whole mate-for-life issue, and called it romantic-

I called it hogwash.

After all, if mates were everything- why did they still have brothels?

Grabbing my bag, I slung it over my shoulder closing my locker and almost having a heart attack at the sight of a tall smirking boy leaning against the locker beside me-

"If it isn't little Miss Silver Rayne Williams," Zach smirked, pushing off from his leaning position, and folding his arms.

I frowned at this, pushing my glasses back up my nose, looking him straight in the eye, "I do not have time for you or any of this today," I plainly stated, for what felt like the hundredth time in the last week alone, turning and walking away from him.

That didn't stop him from following me, taking a steady pace beside me, hands in his pocket.

"You still hate my kind huh?" he asked, and I glanced over at him, pushing the rims of my glasses back up yet again, watching his tongue swipe across his two fangs.