[48.1] CAUGHT

[SILVER RAYNE WILLIAMS]

I feel like a glitch. A moment here, and a moment gone. Stuck in a void.

Like I've forgotten how to breathe, how to react, how to move, to run.

I cannot feel anything. Not even fear. I am simply numb.

My body is paralyzed and I am hollow and far from present.

My eyes refuse to leave that of the Prince as his gaze stills in mine. It is worse- oh far worse that I cannot read anything in his blank stare. No emotion, no emblem of a thought.

I do not know if these are my final moments. I ask myself if I am dead already and simply stuck here in this hellish moment for all eternity or if things are far worse...I am alive and waiting to see what comes next.

He takes a simple step forward and it is the reaction of everyone else in this plane to take a few steps back.

Me, Vella and Sarah. I do not even have to turn, but I know her hand is on the emergency exit handle of the plane door, ready to escape if fate allows it.

The prince stops and his gaze shifts between all 3 figures. His gaze rests on Sarah, but before I have time to put my thoughts in order, his gaze snaps back to me.

"Running, are we, Silver?" he asks nonchalantly.

Vella's hand tightens around mine, but I can not look away from the hybrids' gaze. I can not move.

Once more, I am certain making that mistake would cost my life.

He looks at Vella for a moment.

"Are you aware of the consequences?" He asks, eyes holding mine responsible.

My heart is drumming within me. My body is shaking, and my sight glazes over for a moment. Unable to think.

Glitching.

The word is glitching around me.

"D-Don't touch her," Vella falters, her voice is shaky, but she is braver than I am when she takes a step forward, standing before me defensively. "I-I kill you if you try to hurt her."

The prince's dark saltwater gaze drops to hers and mine falls to the pit of my stomach.

It is enough to snap me from my trance and I am quick to pull her back, but she resists to my dismay.

"I won't let you hurt her, so j-just back off!" she yells.

"Stop it, Vella," I plead, harsher than I intended, trying to drag her back to me, before she attempts something stupid.

"I-I'll kill you if you touch my sister!" she warned through gritted teeth, her voice was shaky, but firm.

"Vella!"

"I will Silver! I will he touches you I'll kill him!" she screeched, eyes flashing to me, then back to the prince, her gaze fierce though I could feel her body shake, "I'll kill you."

Her eyes are watery and she sniffs, but she keeps her eyes on the prince. She understands the gravity of our situation. Furthermore, the consequences.

But I know she is afraid, even when I spot veins traveling up her neck. "I can do it."

The Princes' gaze darkens and my heart leaves my body.

"No- Stop it. Stop it, Vel!" I grit my heart ramming within me, urgency in my breath, pulling her towards me.

I cover her darkening eyes and ignore her when she tries to pry them Off, and pleads, yelling, and begging.