[19.1] A ROYAL MEET

•¥•

FANG ORDER

The rule of Fang above that of human civilization.

Archives of History

•¥•

[SILVER RAYNE WILLIAMS]

MY BRAIN rattled on, trying to remember if he said anything about the new King being in attendance.

Relief flooded my features when I remembered he did not mention anything such as that. Only the King and Queen, would be in attendance.

I reminded myself that it could have all been a nightmare or a silly misunderstanding at worst.

My fingers shook as I opened the package, bringing out two dresses in both Vella's size and mine.

A simple locket for each of us with one word doubled on each, engraved in silver.

Sister, sister. 

I knew this was Eden's way of apologizing, but it would sadly not suffice.

Prince Roman Ace Veridian.

He wouldn't be coming.

He hated anything to do with anyone, that could easily be seen. I could tell he didn't like being seen in public.

Plus, I was wearing a mask and a scent, how could he possibly know who I was?

He had no reason to attend, I reminded myself of this yet again, my eyes trailing to Vella who was just waking up, sitting up in bed, yawning.

Her eyes squinted at me, trailing to the dresses in my arms, eyebrows arching.

"Good morning sleepy," I greeted, "who wants to try on a dress?"

————-

I turned Vella around as I straightened her locket, examining her final look.

"Okay....we're all done," I motioned, turning the both of us toward the mirror.

We examined ourselves, Vella's eyes met mine in our reflection. There was a mask of uncertainty in them.

"The King and Queen?" She echoed, her breathing accelerating, "they saw me fall."

I paused at this, glancing down at her.

"And today they will see you as who you truly are. Brave, smart, and beautiful," I replied, holding her gaze in the mirror.

Both our heads snapped to the door at the sound of knocking. I let out a deep breath, taking Vella's hand as we walked out the door.

The blue guard led the way after a short greeting and a bow.

I was too nervous to remember where Everest Dining hall was situated, and trying hard not to let it show to an already anxious Vella.

Too many things scared her at the moment. The King and Queen only added to this equation. As we turned the hallway, we run into Lord Graydon, seemingly headed in the same direction.

He was wearing a finely tailored attire, his long brown hair pushed back, as he stopped before us, eyes traveling from Vella up to me, trailing up my dress to meet my eyes.

"W-where are you going?"

"Good morning to you too Lord Graydon," I offered a stiff smile at the surprise on his face.