[5.1] THE PARTING

•¥•

HIGH LORD:

The ruler of vast regions of land under the rule of his Majesty, King Alistair Drake Veridian.

TRUE BORN/TRUE HIGH BORN:

A Fang whose bloodline stems from the original 7 Houses of Fang. 4 houses of Vampire and 3 houses of Werewolf. True-borns rule territories under his Majesty's rule and are more powerful than ordinary Fang.

Werewolf High lords are called Alpha in werewolf territories.

Archives of History

•¥•

[SILVER RAYNE WILLIAMS]

HOLDING ONTO Vella, I watched as the three sleek black Sedans drove steadily towards us.

I glanced up at Dad, who was standing right beside us, his left arm heavy around my shoulders. The other held onto Vella's jaw tight, heavy eyes on set on the fleet of approaching cars.

I swallowed harshly looking down at a still scared-looking Vella whose bottom lip trembled momentarily. I placed my hand on her shoulder and she looked up at me with teary eyes.

"It's okay," I whispered.

She nodded softly turning back as the cars pulled forward, the middle one stopping right in front of us.

I could feel Vella tremble at the sound of the car doors clicking open, and so did I, moving closer to my father. His arms tightened around us in response.

The Fang guards stepped out in red uniformed coats that almost touched the floor, uniformly getting out and standing right beside the cars like bodyguards.

The door to the middle car finally opened and a tall man smartly dressed in black stepped out, sunglasses over his eyes as if there was sunlight ever in this place.

Crescent was a town overrun by vampires as we lived in that sector, under Lord Azrak.

Every vampire town had cloudy weather as if some witch had cast a spell on the place to never let the sun through as Vampires had sensitive skin.

Come to think of it, that witch could have been Miss Avery. I scoffed at the thought. The one teacher I thought I liked.

I glanced at her at this. She stood right by the principal her gaze meeting mine with a soft smile. I rolled my eyes.

That was why the Fang respected her. She wasn't a human teacher; she was a witch.

"Mr. Santorian," Principal Andrews began with a deep bow.

The Vampire didn't say a word, turning down to look at us, "Is that the Sworn?" he asked, coldly, his accent stressing on each word, notably foreign.

"Yes," Principal Andrews replied. He glanced at Miss Avery momentarily and the rest of his company of vampire teachers.

"A Burner went after this one, aye?" The escort huffed, turning and standing right before us.

I held onto Vella, my heart beating soundly within me as his eyes lowered to that of Vella who swallowed hard at the closeness of the vampire.

"Yes. I believe she is Sworn to a True Born," The principal replied, as Mr. Santorian finally looked up, our eyes meeting.

He held contact for a moment before his gaze trailed to my father then sharply turned back to Principal Andrews.