[7.1] VELLA's WOLF

•¥•

HIGH LORD AND DUKE:

The title was given to a close relative of the Royal Family

Archives of History

•¥•

[SILVER RAYNE WILLIAMS]

I WOKE up to the annoying tickle of the cold morning breeze. I could barely figure out why the curtains and windows were open when I distinctly remembered closing them right after Vella and I had dinner last night- or more like found dinner last night.

It still creeped me out that 'they,' could enter the room even when we were asleep.

Yawning slightly, my hand lazily moved toward the beds and, blindly searched for the glasses I had disposed of earlier.

I sat up in bed, lazily scratching my scalp, as I fitted them on, my gaze finally clearing at my surroundings.

My head hurt when it all came back to me. I was at Lord Azrak's castle in Ablen. Our regional Lord's home.

It felt like a dream. I had never once thought or even as much as desired to be in this place, but I guess fate does whatever the hell it wishes.

My eyes did a quick sift of the room, not able to spot the soft brown-haired top of my little sister.

"Vella?" I called out, slipping out of bed, and searching around the room.

My eyes narrowed at the bed for a moment, hand on my waist, before moving towards it, flipping the bed covers over.

"Vella this is not the right time to play hide and seek," I grunted tightening my robe before checking beneath the bed.

I froze at the sight of nothing but the empty floor.

My heart now beating exceptionally faster, I stood up, calling her name once more, this time my tone in a slightly higher panic.

"Vella!" I called, speed walking into the bathroom.

With no sign of her in there, my eyes trailed around the room, settling on the breakfast tray that had been half-eaten, indicating she had woken up and at least eaten something.

My heart began to pound harder.

"Vella?!" I yelled opening the door. I run out of the room, and down the empty hallway, frantically searching as I yelled.

I turned the corner running into someone, almost falling butt-first if it wasn't for my killer instinct, steadying myself- accompanied by the support of solid arms around me which only played unnecessary support.

My eyes came into direct contact with the dark hazel eyes of a strikingly good-looking man.

From that description alone I knew the man before me was not human.

Staring down at me for a moment, the confusion that was pasted on his face evolved into some kind of surprise, his lips sparsely apart, but open wide enough for me to spot two pearly fangs, and I pushed away from the Vampire on instinct.

He stared at me for a moment, eyes trailing down my figure before backing up to my eyes, "w-who let you walk these halls without your uniform, human?" he asked, his tone authoritative and steady.

I glanced down at the light gown I was wearing, and beneath an even lighter dress.

But I was not one to cower from anything when I had a mission of my own, my eyes narrowed on him.