[27.1] LORD SELECTS (part -three)

•¥•

TRUSTEE

A trusted Informant of the Royal court.

Archives of History.

•¥•

[SILVER RAYNE WILLIAMS]

The horse galloped through the luscious green fields I could hardly appreciate as I held on for dear life against Lord Graydon's riding skills.

I tried to keep my glasses on my face when we broke out into what I assumed was the Royal grounds.

My eyes widened as they trailed the obvious beauty of the estate, my gaze narrowing on a stoned building a couple of yards forward, what looked like other open-spaced buildings after.

Moving in that direction the horse slowed into a trot, my gaze following the red and blue suits that peaked out from the buildings.

"Is that the royal grounds?" I whispered to Lord Graydon as we approached.

"The Royal Grounds, yes- but all the territory here and all we've covered trailing back to the Palace is technically still Fang Court." he hummed.

I raised an eyebrow at this much in awe as we slowed, moving through the open-spaced buildings where blue guards and red guards alike, bowed lowly as we trotted through.

"My lord select-"

"My Lord Select"

"My lord Select" they all murmured as we passed. Lord Graydon gave a stiff nod in reply, whilst I felt slightly uncomfortable as straying eyes lingered on me.

The last thing I wanted to do was to draw attention to myself, but I guess seated this close to the "Lord Select" was going to draw all the attention in the new world.

We moved passed the building and through more green fields, littered with guards moving towards a stoned bridge I marveled at.

From here we could see the lone building up at the top of the green hill that the pathway led to.

"Silver?" Lord Graydon nudged my side gently.

"Huh-?" I asked, slightly confused as I turned to him.

He grinned from above me, humor dancing in his eyes, "I said we've arrived. You can get down now, your moments of terror are finally over."

I blinked at his statement- only now realizing we had come to stop in the shade.

"Or have you secretly enjoyed your ride then?"

I scoffed at this, and he only chuckled opting to get down. He helped me off, getting down after.

I patted down my wrinkled uniform, and adjusted my helmet, and my glasses, cursing beneath my breath at the fricking length of my trousers.

I was practically tripping over them!

"Here."

My gaze trailed to Lord Graydon, snapping to the reigns he was handed to me-

"Me?—"

"Secure her," he ordered with a sigh, his gaze on the building as I took hold of the reigns quite robotically, the horse neighing and trotting forwards pulling me along with her.

"Stop! Stop! I mean Hold! Hold horsie! Hold for Pete's sake!" I grunted, somehow succeeding in keeping her slightly still as she snorted, hooves digging against the grass.