25. Twins

(Moments before, Y/n's Pov)

When I left to Manberg, I stuck around for about an hour or so before leaving towards the nearest village. There was no luck finding any h/c hair dye. I found it frustrating that there had been no luck anywhere since Tommy and Wilbur's exile. So I went strip mining instead and... there they were! I was finally able to attain diamonds. For once the auth— the gods are on my side. This was perfect! Now that I have a sack filled with diamonds, it's time to head back.

---

After a very long way back to 'Pogtopia'—as the kid called it— I went inside the not-so-hidden cave. I wanted to surprise my friends with the diamonds I found so I came down the spiraled stairs slowly until I heard faint voices becoming more audible.

"...I arrived to the Golden Kingdom..." Said a deep monotone voice. I stood frozen in my step. I wasn't given enough time turn back and think that it wasn't my place to listen in on their conversation, and so, it was too late.
"...she died following the King's orders."

I swear I heard my heart falter.

"I wanted see her and be there to show her that I too was also alive still."

It can't be—

I started descending down the stairs as quickly and quietly as possible until I stood around a corner.

"And as embarrassing as this sounds, I wanted to sing to her to know if she still remembered the melody my mother and I once sang to her—" He stopped. My body stilled, then, I turned the corner.
"I called to her, 'my immortal being, return to me!'"

My breathing hitched. Mother's melody started loudly in my head. I didn't notice the sack had slipped from my hands, creating a loud noise— echoing all throughout the ravine walls. A man with pink hair who's back was turned to me, heard the noise. I had caught his attention. When he turned to face me, I thought I might've of been dreaming still. He looked like my brother, except... older... No one besides me and family have the same hybrid features. And no one—

"No one but my family knows that saying—" I choked up. It seems that what I've said peaked his interest, he walked up to me and I looked up at him. One thing I knew, we were observing each other's features and the next— we were in each other's arms, embracing one another. For once I think I let my guard down entirely and yet I didn't care because I felt safe. I was in my brother's arms again— in Alex's arms again the first time in nearly fifteen years. And I knew now that it's not a dream, I could hear his heart beating—filled with life and I felt the weight of his head resting on mine.

"You're alive!" We both cried out. I won't lie, I felt like a child again, I was crying. Crying tears of joy. I didn't even know I could do that anymore ever since I served my time in the Golden Kingdom.

As emotional and sweet the moment was, the next thing Alex and I heard was a very bewildered teenage voice,

"What. The. Fuck." Said Tommy.

---

"How is that even possible?!— What do you mean you two are biological siblings?!— You've got to be fucking joking! It's just a prank right?" Tommy stopped pacing back and forth to look at me and Alex.

"Do we look like the type to joke?" Alex and I said at the same time and with the same stoic look.

"...That was kind of creepy." Tommy stated.

"If Alex was a complete stranger I wouldn't have done a simple prank with him— let alone ask him to do one with me." I crossed my arms.

"Same here." Alex nodded.