4. Encounter

Today is December 20, 2019.

Six months ago, the second of June, was my first time ever being alone for my birthday, or really our birthday.

It has been 6 months since my escape and to put it in words, it was the best feeling I have ever felt at all and the best decision I have ever made. I am free from all of my duties as a royal guard, I could do whatever I want whenever I want to.

Although it was a little difficult during my first week of being free; I didn't know I was famous outside from the kingdom. Or notorious for some people. Everywhere I went, I was almost caught in being recognized, both in a good and bad way. I was beginning to doubt I could live my government free life, if I were caught entirely I would be back to my old life, so as a solution, I had to hide my face as best I could with the hood of my cloak until I found this...'demon bone mask' thing I got from a random village shop. Now, whenever I go out, I wear my mask which makes me less recognizable since it covers most of face. Not to mention that talking in my regular voice gave me the advantage that if people were to think that I was Calypso, they will be taken by surprise when they hear a feminine voice instead of a male one. Every news about when I was Calypso is out here, I even found one where my- I mean Calypso's death is stated. I couldn't help but laugh at that one!

Now I live in my humble abode, alone with Asher, with no one in sight for miles upon miles. The nearest village to me is at least an hour away by horse. My home is surrounded by all that is green. Beautiful flowers, tall trees, a nearby lake, and my farm for me and Asher. I'm so lucky to have him, he had been a great help to me. I mean after my escape, I realized he was my best friend from the very beginning.

I felt like going out to explore today so I went to get Asher his breakfast for him to eat first.

"Eat up Asher, we are going out to explore a bit of these lands after we eat." I said with a smile on my face. He neighs in response and begins to eat.

It was morning, around 8:20 so after I gave Asher his food, I went ahead to make myself breakfast as well. After I had finished eating, I went to my room and put on an all black outfit, a long-sleeved shirt, cargo pants, and combat boots. I also put on my enchanted netherite armor and tools incase I were to stay out the whole day. I came back to Asher and put on a saddle bag with golden apples and healing potions for him. I hopped on him and we were then on our way for an exploration.

---

About 2 hours had passed, I was off of Asher now and there wasn't really a sign of anything yet just a bunch of trees. That was until I heard a faint shout in the distance. I got concerned because it sounded like a kid or to be exact; a teenager. I ordered Asher to follow me to investigate and not to long after I heard the same voice but I heard a name being shouted, "Tubbo!" cried the kid. Now I was worried, this kid and his friend sounded like they needed help so I ran towards them and found them quickly. The boy who was shouting was a blonde kid who looked no older than 16 and the other kid who I assume his name is 'Tubbo', looked like he had been injured on his leg and there was an arrow sticking out from his calf.

"Hey Kid, do you need help?" I asked.

"AH! FUCK! WHO ARE YOU? YOUR NOT ON THAT GREEN BASTARD'S SIDE ARE YOU? GET AWAY FROM US BONE WOMAN! AND WHO ARE YOU CALLING A KID? I'M A MAN!" he said all panicked. I was startled and rather confused,

Green bastard? Bone woman? Does he mean my mask?

"What? The green bastard's side? No, I don't even know who they are! I just happen to be nearby and heard you scream as if you were in trouble and here it seems that your friend here is bleeding out on the floor!" I spat all out while staying mostly calm. He didn't budge.