2. Here We Go

⚠️TW: ATTEMPTED SA⚠️

"Good morning Sir Calypso" I saw she had a slight devious smile, while wearing a slightly revealing red dress, I was already disgusted but I tried to play it cool.

"Good morning Lady Rory, was there something you needed?" I just knew what she was up to and there's just no way I was getting buddy-buddy with her- let alone anyone in this place, I swear everyone just wants one another for whatever makes you attractive and it's almost never genuine.

"Yes, I want help with something in my room and I am in need of a strong man to help me, it won't take long I promise!"

I can tell you're planning to break that promise-

"Listen, I'm sorry but as much as I'd like to help you, I can't waste any more time than I already am I have to-"

"YOU ALWAYS COME UP WITH AN EXCUSE! CAN'T YOU SEE THAT I'VE BEEN HINTING THAT I LIKE YOU?"

And can't you see that I don't?

She cut me off, well that was sudden and it's partly true that I always come up with an excuse to get away from her.

Ugh, I need to shut her up, I can't have her make any more loud noises than she already is making, attention on us will be drawn.

She suddenly tried to pull me in a kiss-

"WOAH! Lady Rory you can't do that! You'd be breaking the rules and you should know no one of high status is allowed to be with someone of a lower status!" I had a grasp on her arms to prevent her from getting closer to me.

"Come on! It's okay! No one has to know!"

Can't you take a hint?

I was starting to get a little fed up now and I could feel my eyes start to darken in red. I'm pretty sure she saw it too because she gasped and backed away. I let out a sigh and said,

"Look I'm sorry but I really have to get going, his Majesty has a mission for me and I have to be gone by this afternoon, excuse me." I just quickly opened the door to my room, went in and left her standing out there in shock.

I really need to get out of here. Come on Y/n just wait a little longer. Tonight will be the night of my- or well "Calypso's" death and the beginning to my freedom.

(Time skip to the afternoon**)

I finished packing only important things like clothes... well just clothes I already have everything else equipped, I got my netherite armor on and my netherite sword sheathed in my belt as well as a few night vision potions, my pickaxe, arrows, and my bow. I wish I could have ender pearls and golden apples but couldn't exactly go beyond these walls to get them when you're the best fighter the King has ever had. I had to stick next to him whenever he went out. One way or another I couldn't sneak out to get recourses because either I was on patrol or on my days off Luis would find a way to see me.

Besides that though I shove the sack of clothes under my bed as well as iron I quickly bought from a blacksmith once to craft a shield once I sneak back.

It was ten minutes past the afternoon so it's definitely time that I start to get going, I head out to the stalls to greet my horse, Asher. He's a grey horse. I swear this horse was either a human in his past life or he is simply an intelligent horse, maybe he's magic... I dunno, he seems to understand me the most.

As I got there, I saw 3 other guards getting their horses as well.

I guess they're coming with me...

"Hey Calypso! You ready?" Says one of the guards. Even though we've seen one another for the past 14 years and occasionally had small talks, I've never got to learn any of the guards' names because I simply didn't care enough to memorize them. The only reason I know Luis's name though is because he is so adamant about being friends with me. He already thinks we're friends because I would tell him a thing or two about my life. Although, most of it were just lies.

"Heh, I'm always ready but I'm not too sure about you guys... do you know we're going?"

The King should have told them, I'm sure.

"Umm no? His Majesty only sent us to meet you here for a mission"

Oho this will be fun.

---

It's been a good hour since we've parted from the palace and during our travel to the mineshaft, I realized I could have a possible dilemma on my plan and that is Asher. He may be intelligent but is he loyal to me? Would he help me? If I tell him to hide and wait for me, would he? I guess the only way to find out is if I get out of the mineshaft and call out for him otherwise I'll be on foot for a while. But I guess as long as I'm out of here.

A couple more hours passed and we have finally arrived to the entrance of the mineshaft which was in the middle of a forest.

"Alright boys, his Majesty has requested of us that we mine special diamonds for him and since I have the map, I will lead you three to the area of his Majesty's request." I say in a monotone voice.

"Yes sir!" They all salute.

"Go tie your horses up, grab a pickaxe and a lantern, and I'll meet you in the mineshaft" I command. They all nod and I held a straight face as mentally I was happy that the beginning of my plan has started going smoothly. The guards are gone so I instructed Asher go to a nearby cave.

"Asher, be a good boy and run to that cave and wait until I come back ok?" I just hoped he was on my side. He responds with a neigh and runs along.

OK...now time to meet the guards before they start to get suspicious.

---

The map was great help as we got near the Ancient City in just under and hour. I started seeing sculk blocks and unsurprisingly one of the guards realized where we were heading.

"Excuse me, Sir Calypso but please don't tell us that we're heading to the Ancient City, are we?"

Uh oh, he knows.

I stop in my tracks and turn to face him and he was slightly shaking in fear as well the two other guards.

"Alright then I won't tell you that we are in fact going there." I sarcastically remarked, unbothered.

"WHAT?!" They all scream in panic.

"SHH! Listen- everything will be fine as long as you don't make a single noise near what is called the 'sculk sensors'. Set off 3 and your done for if you're close to it, we won't be able to see in the Warden's darkness effect but I came prepared. The only reason I know this is because when I was a child, it was a story I have heard plenty of times from my grandparents who have gone and survived the Ancient City." I stated calmly. It was true that my grandparents have been here before and they did survive, just barley though.

They didn't seem relieved one bit but I gave each of them night vision potions and just kept assuring them that everything will be ok as long as they were quiet when mining the diamonds.

I found the entrance and we were then moving around the Ancient City and we've separated to create less noise so I was pretty far from them.

About an hour has passed, I've collected enough diamond shards and decided it was time to get the hell out of here. I looked over to the three sculk sensors nearby. My plan is risky but it was now or never. I took a deep breath.

Sigh...here we go.

------
1356 words

Second chapter DONE ✅

Also— what are you guys up to?? 👀👀
It seems dangerous! O-O

If your wondering when the Dream team or L'manburg will show up, dw! Someone should be in the upcoming chapter MAYBE I dunno how i will end up writing the next chapter 🤷

HAVE A MERRY CHRISTMAS!! LETS FEAST ON DELICIOUS FOOD!! 🤤🤤