19. An Odd Day

"Who are you and what you doing with my employee?" Niki said. Schlatt only had a smirk on his face before saying.

"Oh where are my manners, my name is Schlatt and I am a new competitor here for the place of becoming president." He said, Niki looked at him surprised.

"If you are a competitor, why you here then? Shouldn't you be holding up your own things for people to vote for you?" Niki asked. Schlatt only laughed at her comment.

"Where's the fun in that? I can just get other people to do that for me and besides, I need to meet my opponents just for me to see how pathetic they are." Schlatt sounded so confident of himself he even emphasized 'pathetic'. Niki only stared at him strangely, as did you behind the mask.

"Then you should've come to me or Fundy if that was the case not speak to my employee and try to bribe her to work for you!" Niki defended.

"Listen sweetheart, that's the whole point of this pre-election! You are meant to persuade people to vote for you!" He stated,
"And that's also another reason why I am here, to persuade people from your stand to vote for me instead!" He then turned his head back at you,
"My offer still stands, I'll see you when decide to work under me." Schlatt concluded, giving me a small card before going towards the crowd and giving them all the same small card for his campaign and then leaving afterwards.

To summarize the card, it stated people should vote for Schlatt because he is a more experienced and professional competitor for the campaign.

After the strange reunion, you felt uneasy for the rest of the day.

Fast forward 'til sundown, almost dark, you dressed back in your regular clothes and mask without the whole pink attire and the other mask. Bothered by what had occurred earlier, you weren't tired (although it wouldn't be the first time) so you decided to refresh yourself by taking a stroll outside of L'manberg but just as you were making your exit, a familiar voice had called you out.

"Where are you going?" Announced a voice in the distance, it was Tommy who spoke, he had a stern look on his face but there something else too. He appeared to be drained of his energy, he had dark eye bags and had disheveled hair. He stood there, arms crossed.

"Kid..." was all your voice said, it's been a while since you've spoken to each other.

"I said, where are you going?" He repeats.

"Well, not that it should be any of your business— but I'm just going for a walk." You respond.

"Yeah right." He mumbled so you couldn't hear, you didn't notice though as his mouth didn't really move.
"So it's not any of my business?" He echos your words,
"Are you really only going on a walk or are you up to something again?" Tommy questioned. Confused, you just had to ask,

"What do you mean by 'again'?" You quirked a brow.

"Don't play stupid Y/n! I know what you've been up to!" He claimed.

"And what exactly is it that I've been up to?" You retaliate.

"You—" He took a deep breath, "you've been working with Dream all this time, haven't you?" Tommy accused. You stood there for a second.

"PFFT—"  you covered you mouth, suppressing a laugh.
"What? What makes you say that? That has gotta be the best joke you've ever told!"

"Stop laughing! You know what I'm talking about! Stop hiding it when I already know the truth!—"

"Shhh!" you silenced him.
"You're going to wake everyone up if you keep shouting." Tommy hesitated to utter another word. You went closer to him and grabbed him by the wrist and started tugging.
"Follow me."