3. Feeling Good

I'm not going to lie, my heart was starting to race. I was about to do the riskiest thing in my life to escape from the people I hate most once and for all.

Well I guess time to "end me"... I hope not twice.

(3rd person pov)

You realise there was another dilemma in your plan, you needed something that could make the mission look like there had been an accident but there was no dark areas in the Ancient City since it was very well lit by the candles and lanterns meaning it wasn't possible to come across any mobs.

I guess this just proves that I've never been anywhere besides the castle. How was I supposed to know the Ancient City is mob free?

You were frustrated but you have come this far into your plan, you couldn't give up now. You were hoping someone would slip up and summon the Warden or that there was a cave nearby with a mob spawner in it or that creepers would magically appear.

You were so deep in you thought that you didn't hear all three guards whisper yelling at you. One of them grunts as you had a tight grasp on their arm as when one of them tried touching you to get your attention. They were so focused on staying quiet they didn't notice the red glow in your eyes but it went away quickly. You let go and turned to them.

"Calypso I think we should rest for a bit and continue later" One whispered. You nod in agreement.

"Did one of you pack food or are we going out for a hunt?" You whisper. Before they could answer, everyone heard creepers ignite behind you. The guys backed up and you quickly take out your sword but before you could slash any of them, they explode and sent you flying back. All three of them watched in horror as when your body took the impact, it was loud enough to trigger the sensors and summon the Warden and before everything went black they all saw your sword fly straight down to your neck.

They knew you were on your last life so they had no choice but leave your body behind so they drank their potions and snuck away as quickly as possible.

(Time skip~)

"YOUR MAJESTY, YOUR MAJESTY!" the three barged into the throne room frantically. The King angrily shouts,

"ANNOUNCE YOURSELF BEFORE YOU ENTER!"

"A-apologies your Majesty, but please, something tragic had happened!" One said out of breath.

"What do you-!?" He looks around, "Wait...where is my right-hand man?" The King questions. They hesitate to answer.

"Calypso...is dead..."

(Meanwhile Calypso's announced death, Y/n's pov)

I'M ALIVE! And that was the most terrifying thing I have ever experienced. I almost got beheaded by my own sword and almost lost my 'last life'! I WAS AT LEAST A FOOT AWAY FROM THE WARDEN!

I was with Asher, my heart was still racing, my mind was still running wild. When I hoped for creepers to magically appear, I didn't mean for them to be right behind me! But whatever! It's over. I'm out, without a scratch- well I mean I did get grazed a little with my sword- BUT- I'm free!

I'm free...

My heart felt fuzzy at the fact. Before I could celebrate any further, I remembered I still have to retrieve a couple things. Well I guess I have to go back to the castle and wait until midnight to sneak in and get my clothes. I can't waste the diamonds, I need them to buy building materials.

"Come on Asher."

(Another time skip~)

It was around 8-ish when I arrived back at the castle. When I saw the lights were still on I knew it meant many guards were around so just as I planned, I waited until midnight and that's when I started climbing the walls to my balcony. I blended in with the darkness since I took off my armor otherwise my glowing ass would have been standing out. I was lucky when the doors were left unlocked so I easily got in, grabbed my sack of clothes and iron and just as I was about to head out the door opened and light shun in.

"Calypso?" It was Luis.

You've got to be kidding me.

I turn my head around and stare at him for a bit. He was shocked.

"I-I thought you were..." He stuttered to finish.

"Dead?" I say in my normal voice. "Yeah, Calypso is dead now."

"Then...how are you standing here right now?" Luis asked.

"How stupid can you be? Can't you see I'm telling you that Calypso was fake from the very beginning?" I face him completely.

"What?" He questions.

"Since my first time being here, I've been blending in as a man. I guess your too stupid to see that even though you've seen the top half of my body." I stated. Luis started rambling.

"Do you mind telling me your real name? You know, I always kind of liked you. But I thought you were a guy. Now that I know, can we be more than friends?" His last question made me gag mentally. I didn't bother answering his questions, instead I turn back around, jumped on the ledge of the balcony, faced him one last time.

"For the record, I was never your friend." I smiled.

"W-wait-what are you doing?!" Luis panicked a little. I saluted him and let myself fall backwards. And just like that I was gone forever.

(Time skip to the next day)

Me and Asher were just wondering the whole night. It was still pretty cold out but I didn't care. Birds were flying high, the breeze was drifting by. It was a new dawn, a new day. It was a new life for me. There was a wide smile on my face when I realized this feeling.

Feeling good.

---

999 words

When I mentioned this story would kinda be inspired by music, I just asked myself,
"So is this like, "Villains: The Musical?"
I swear it sounded a lot funnier in my head 💀
I also I might update my author's note a lot cuz I keep forgetting details :P

If you didn't reread it I put that you guys have the 3 cannon lives rule. So you guys are not on your last life, you have 3 lives.

Ok ANYWAY
HAPPY NEW YEAR IT IS NOW OFFICIALLY 2023!!!!