17. Week 1

(bold + italics = dreaming)
+ small blood warning
(❗) = The queue when it starts/stops

"Hmm~" a woman's voice hummed as she gently applied a colored paste to my hair. It's the same song my brother sang to me. Her soft vocals were so soothing it almost made me feel like I was floating through puffy clouds.

"Mama?" My small voice asked.

"Yes darling?" She replied.

"Why do I have to dye my hair?" I asked. She stayed quiet for a bit, finishing and wrapping my head in a cloth that was no longer white as the dye had painted it as well.

"Y/n I want you to listen carefully ok?" Mother asked, crouching in front of me, I nodded, listening intently.
"There are not a lot of people in this world who are like us, we are a hybrid that no one besides home knows... and to be in this dimension we have to fit in with the rest in order to be treated as an equal." Mother said.

"But with my necklace I fit in just fine." I stated. Mother smiled with a sad yet understanding expression.

"Y/n darling, if there's ever a time you can't use your necklace it won't be good..."

"Whyy?" I whined.

"Because, our jewels is what helps us stay in control and if we don't tone down our abilities and features, others will want to use us, not have fun with us."  Mother said showing me her accessory around her wrist as she explained. It was similar to mine except hers was a bracelet, it had the same details as my necklace with the same red stone in the middle. Her words worried me in the process I didn't want to question further, so instead we sat still for a couple minutes before Mother suddenly got up.
"Let's wash your hair up so you can go join your brother in training ok?"  Mother said happily, I almost forgot I had training today but mentioning it washed all my worries away, it made me so happy as my big brother said he was going to show me something today. I was really happy—

Huh?

The setting's changed.

"MMN" was all my small voice could make, my mouth was covered... and darkness was all I could see, my eyes were covered. Walking around wasn't a choice either as I didn't know where I could be walking to. I couldn't take the cloth off my face either because my hands were bound to each other behind my back. All I could do was listen to water droplets fall to the ground and feel the cold cobblestone floor as well as smell a gut wrenching oder of blood and deteriorating corpses. It was a horrible smell but something in my head said otherwise.

I hear two pairs of heavy foot steps coming my way as well as incoherent talking. Keys start jittering and a metal door creaks open.

"Come on you little brat time to get up." A rough voice spoke. I was scared. I felt large hands on my arms, taking me somewhere. I started kicking around in hopes they'd let me go to which one did as I kicked him somewhere on his leg.

"AGH AH! YOU LITTLE PIECE OF SHIT!" The man shouted.

"Ha! Little one's got you good and on your bad leg at that!" The other man said. "Get back up man were about to be faced with the his Majesty." —

(❗)

Huh? Everything has changed again but the cloth was discarded from my face and arms, I was standing before the King. I looked around and saw two dead men at both of my sides. I looked at my hands, they were bloody, my entire body was also splattered in red and my face smelled of blood too. I looked back at the King and he was smiling wickedly at me, holding back from laughing but he did anyway.