8. First Betrayal

-TW: Descriptions of Blood by second half of page

"I WANT TO SEE WHITE FLAGS BY TOMORROW AT DAWN OR YOU ARE DEAD!" Dream left after saying his final message, I wasn't pay to much attention though. Eret had been on my mind the entire day. I had come to a conclusion that he is a traitor to L'manberg. I couldn't tell anyone in the end, I knew no one would believe me. They trust him too much.

I don't think he knows that I know. He's dead once he confesses, that is if he does.

"Y/n come on let's train to beat these sons of bitches!" Tommy says pulling me out of thought.

"Yeah coming!"

(Time skip: Doomsday)

The day ended in the blink of an eye. We were on our way for the part of the war but it ended very shortly. The others thought we won because Dream commanded to retreat. But it felt off to me on the way back home and when I saw that wicked smile on Eret's face, something told me he's up to no good.

"Gentlemen and Y/n- I have something I would like to share!" Everyone stayed silent, ready to listen to what he had to say. "I have been grinding materials to building a secret weapon and I am more than happy to show all of you!" Eret then said to follow him and along the way, everyone was excited to see what Eret had accomplished on his own. I was growing anxious to see the end of his plan all the way through. I knew I had to stop him somehow.

We made it to a small hill and all of us were confused until he dug up dirt to reveal an entryway to a tunnel.

"Follow me." Smiling as he said.

"Don't..." I mutter. Wilbur who was closest beside couldn't catch what I said.

"Did you say something?" One by on everyone turned to Wilbur then me.

"I said 'don't!" I say more loud and clear.

"What's wrong Y/n?" Tubbo asks.

"Ok I've been keeping this to my self because I know it's probably not my place to say but, I don't trust Eret and neither should you." I quickly spit out.

"What do you mean? Didn't you just hear he built us a secret weapon? Of course we can trust him, you're just overlooking things because of your past!" Tommy says brushing off my concerns.

"Look if you want you can just stay here until we come back." Eret says giving me an understanding look. Everyone else agrees again brushing off my concern. Once again they start following Eret this time into the long tunnel. I couldn't let go of the feeling something will go wrong so I followed them silently and Wilbur smiled assuring me everything is okay when he noticed.

"Alright boys this..." He steps out of the way letting everyone in. "This is the Final Control Room!" Smiling greatly, Eret presents the room that was covered in blackstone bricks. There were chest for each of us and I noticed a wood button in the middle of the room. When I saw a chest with my name on it I opened it as well as the others. My hear sank when there was nothing to be found.

It's a trap.

"There's nothing in here..?" Tubbo says. We all looked at each other.

"What's this button do?" Immediately I tried to stop Tommy.

"WAIT TOMMY!" I hear the click of the button.

"Eret-" Tubbo is cut of by the sound of pistons getting triggered. To my horror I see the wall open behind Eret and out came Dream, George, and Sapnap and some other guy with platinum blonde hair a white hoodie and a gold chain gleaming from under the enchanted netherite armor. It all happened so fast. Dream charged at Tommy but I was close enough to block his sword with mine and pushed Tommy out of the way harshly.

"A TRAITOR!" Wilbur shouts while almost getting attacked by Sapnap.

"IT WAS NEVER MEANT TO BE AND JUST SO YOU KNOW BE CAREFUL WHO YOU TRUST THERE MIGHT JUST BE ANOTHER TRAITOR!" Eret yells escaping through the entrance of where the enemy came through.

Their fight was brutal, my team couldn't keep up but they tried until they were all down after keeping up for as long as they could. It felt like it was happening again. Except it was in this stupid room, there was blood splattered on the walls and pooling on the floor but I couldn't stop to heal anyone, they had me surrounded.

"Hah...come on..! Four against one? Really..? Well that's not fair..." I say out of breath, it seemed as though they were just as tired as I was.

"Surrender!" Dream says breathing heavily.

"Not after what you just did to my friends!"

"This wouldn't have happened if you had surrendered!"

"You going to regret what you've done." As I've said, I was about when to get attacked from behind by George, I barley dodged it, only getting grazed on my chin a little. I grabbed his arm, pulled him and threw him against the new guy who was later knocked out from the impact on his head. I hear Sapnap and Dream gasp.

"DREAM WHO IS THIS CHICK?!" Sapnap says, he turns to face me next. For a moment he froze at the sight of my eyes that were no longer e/c but decided to ignore it and try to attack me anyways.

"SAPNAP WAIT!" Dream panicked. It was to late, I had disarmed Sapnap and pinned him holding his own sword close to his neck drawing a small amount of blood. He held a terrified look.

"I suggest you leave while I'm still in control. Attack me and it'll be your friend's life first that I take care of."

"Dream come on lets just go this bitch is crazy!" Sapnap said staying as still as possible.

"Fine, let go of Sapnap, we're leaving. George, take Punz. I'll take care of Sapnap." I get off of him and just stand in place watching them scrambling to get out.

"Lets call this first battle even but next time I won't go so easy." Dream says. As soon as they are all out I quickly run to check up on Tommy, Tubbo, Wilbur and Fundy. I realized I wasted too much time, they had no pulse. I threw my sword on the floor out of frustration. They had lost their first life.

It's obvious ten days wasn't enough time for training. If Niki and Jack weren't taking care of the L'manberg citizens they would've been in the same situation. I splashed a lingering potion of regeneration and carried or dragged them one by one.

---

(Tommy's pov)

I start stirring, slowly regaining consciousness. Once I opened my eyes all the way, I looked around and saw Wilbur, Tubbo, and Fundy were here in the infirmary room still lying unconscious.

What happened? How did we get here?

I was trying to think back until I recalled the first battle, and Eret's betrayal.

That bastard!

I remember before he left he said to be careful who we trust.

What does that mean? Is there another traitor among us? Now that I think of it I don't see Y/n anywhere...is she-

Just then the door suddenly opens quietly to reveal Y/n come in with medical supplies. She stops in her tracks.

"You're wake."

------

1247 words~

AHHH IT FEELS LIKE IT'S BEEN FOREVER!
I was going to upload it this afternoon but i got distracted 🤡

Also I didn't know where to end this so I just stopped here :p

Anyway gotta hit the hay 'cause I got an upcoming quiz this week. Gotta get back in them studies 🤠
Probably gonna edit this tomorrow :p

Goodbye my clovers! (accept the nickname 🗿)

-lillu🍀