207

Xia Ke's heart was pounding.

She looked at Gu Shu, who had rarely seen such a serious expression, "What about the others? If you just tell me this, won't the others take care of it?"

Gu Shu was not angry after hearing her words. He smiled faintly, took his hand back and straightened up.

"Once the situation becomes chaotic, we will naturally not let it go. It is my responsibility to protect the safety of people's lives and property."

Because the words they spoke could not be heard by others, they were very close, but they did not break the safe distance.

The man looked at her.

"It is my responsibility to protect them." Gu Shu said, "But it is my selfishness to protect you."

Xia Ke was stunned for a moment.

"...Thank you for your support to Chibo during this period. Chibo has employees like you, which is great."

"I am going to announce two things here. Both of these are carefully considered decisions made by the board of directors and the Shen family about the future of Zhibo."

Shen Wenhe on the stage finished his greetings and revealed the important reason for their arrival.

Some reporters seemed to no longer conceal their identities and began to take photos and videos blatantly.

Many employees also realized something and took out their mobile phones to start recording.

"After a joint vote by the board of directors and the general meeting of shareholders, Shen Lin will step down as CEO of Zhibo, and Vice President Shen Ci will temporarily replace him."

The whole place was in an uproar, and almost everyone was shocked.

Xia Ke was also shocked. Her attention was instantly attracted to the stage, and she almost looked at the expressions of those people after hearing the news.

Except for the person involved, Shen Lin, who remained cold and unmoved, neither Shen Ci nor Zhao Nan had time to hide the surprise on their faces.

Anger stained the ends of Shen Ci's eyes. He almost stepped forward when Shen Wenhe finished speaking, but was severely grabbed by the housekeeper and the chairman's wife who were standing aside at some point.

Without giving others time to think, Shen Wenhe directly announced the next news.

He directly announced that Shen Lin and Zhao Nan were engaged.

Xia Ke didn't react yet, Shen Lin and Zhao Nan? ?

Then I thought that they were the type that could get married.

Being hit on the head by such news again, before Xia Ke could express his opinion in his heart, the already noisy noise around him got even louder.

The reporters didn't know where to take out their SLRs and started taking pictures, with flashes flashing.

"You fart-" a long, sharp sound came from the microphone, followed by someone's voice that was too loud and echoed throughout the room.

Xia Ke looked over and saw that it was Zhao Nan who was scolding in anger.

His beautiful eyebrows were raised, his eyes were full of fire, and his slender figure was not inferior in front of a group of Alphas. He also sprayed wildly at the people on the stage without any fear.

He glared at his parents: "I have never agreed to marriage! If I want to get married! I must marry if I want to!" He laughed angrily, "You think I will get married if you tie me here? Will you be obedient?"

Then he hugged his chest and opened the microphone to Shen Wenhe.

Zhao Nan sneered, seeming to have broken the pot: "Have you Zhibo started selling people to save yourself? Or do you think that if you marry me, the Zhao family belongs to you? Director Shen, according to the latest Omega Protection Law, if Omega doesn't want to, so forced marriage will constitute a serious crime like human trafficking. Do you want to create a new scandal in Bo?"

"Or do you think there aren't enough bad things about the Shen family, and you want me to reveal a few of them now?!"

Perhaps on purpose, Zhao Nan emphasized the words "trading people."

Then he raised his eyes and looked at Brother Erchen: "What are you looking at? No matter how you look at it, you will never marry an Omega as beautiful as me!"

The two Alphas guarding Zhao Nan behind him didn't even have time to cover his mouth.

The indiscriminate spewing made the audience listen to the gossip.

During Zhao Nan's meal, the originally bustling banquet hall became eerily quiet, as if everyone was secretly pricking up their ears to eat the melons of the rich.

Xia Ke was stunned and silently gave Zhao Nan a thumbs up.

Cow, really cow.

In this moment of silence, a lazy voice came from the microphone again, and Xia Ke actually heard a hint of joy.

"By the way, Mr. Zhao, aren't you also an employee of Zhibo?"

The only person who can provoke at this time is Shen Ci, who is worried about the world being in chaos.

As if he just remembered it, the host stepped forward and turned off the microphone.

However, I have heard almost everything that needs to be heard.

Xia Ke secretly looked at the crowd not far away, and almost every face showed an inexplicable excitement and the satisfaction of eating a big melon.

She also felt a little excited and wanted to calm down the faint excitement with Gu Shu beside her. As soon as she turned around, she found that the man who was still standing next to her had disappeared.

Um, do these people all come and go without a trace?

The security guards on the side seemed to have received some instructions and began to come in one after another to stop the reporters taking pictures and confiscate their cameras and equipment.

There should be something professional on them, even if it is a recorder hidden on their body, they can actually find it.