204

The tall Alpha standing next to her had an indifferent expression. After taking off his glasses, he revealed his cold peach blossom eyes. The dress was tailored to make him taller, with longer legs and wider shoulders.

When Shen Lin looked at the girl, his originally cold eyebrows softened slightly, as if the starlight had been crushed into pieces and fell into his eyes, adding a touch of soft affection.

"As expected, I still regret it a bit."

Suddenly, a frivolous voice sounded behind him. Gu Shu was looking at the girl in the middle of the dance floor intently and somewhat absent-mindedly. He was slightly startled when he heard this, but did not look back.

He said calmly: "Why are you here?"

Alpha, who walked slowly from behind, had peach blossom eyes similar to Shen Lin's in the middle of the dance floor, but compared to Shen Lin's eyes, his looked more affectionate and romantic, always with an affectionate smile.

"Because I also want to attend the dance. This is my first time attending such a big event as a real estate investment." Alpha said with a smile.

He glanced at Alpha, who had an indistinguishable beauty of male and female. Perhaps because Gu Shu's eyes at this time were too aggressive and predatory, Shen Ci deliberately lowered his voice and said:

"If I hadn't relented, maybe I would have been the one dancing the opening dance with Miss Coco on the dance floor."

Gu Shu glanced at him, not paying attention to the other party's provocation. He curled his lips, but there was no smile in his eyes: "But you are here now."

He seemed to have thought of something, "You and Shen Lin are so good that you can wear a pair of pants now?"

Shen Ci chuckled lightly, without any trace of displeasure at all. His smile was impeccable, making it impossible to guess what he was thinking at this time.

"Oh, after all, my good brother's good days are coming to an end. As a younger brother, shouldn't I help him fulfill his unfinished wish?"

Gu Shu's heart moved when he heard this, and he said softly: "So that thing is true."

Shen Ci obviously heard what Gu Shu meant, both of them stared at the center of the dance floor.

A man and a woman were dancing ballroom, perhaps a little unskilled. The girl was almost led away by Shen Lin, with an expression on her face that she didn't want others to see, but the cautiousness in her eyes still revealed a bit of emotion.

"It's true." Shen Ci kept staring at the girl, his eyes gradually darkening, "The old man went to find Commander Zhao himself, isn't it true?"

Gu Shu's expression turned a bit grim.

He guessed who Shen Wenhe's foreign aid was.

Not knowing the turmoil between Shen Ci and Gu Shu, Xia Ke focused all his attention on whether his actions were wrong.

She seemed to have heard somewhere a long time ago that a person's movements and rhythm during ballroom dancing reflected a person's personality.

Shen Lin is like a leader, Xia Ke is almost passively dancing with Shen Lin's movements, the skirt rotates into a beautiful arc, Xia Ke is let go, and then pulled back.

However, beneath this strong move, Shen Lin seemed to be hiding a hint of tenderness.

He didn't use his movements to make them deliberately intimate. He was like an instructor, leading Xia Ke to dance to the music.

The surrounding crowd blurred into shadows, and Xia Ke found the joy of ballroom dancing in spinning and jumping.

The man grabbed her waist, and she put her hands on his shoulders, lifted her up and spun her around before putting her down again.

During the movement, he stared at her with cold eyes, and Xia Ke felt a gentleness like water eroding his eyebrows.

The music got faster and faster at the end, and although she stepped on the man's feet several times during this, they continued to dance as Shen Lin deftly resolved the situation.

When the music stopped at the end, the man put his hand on her waist. Xia Ke leaned back and saw the high ceiling lamp and the man's eyes.

She was slightly startled.

The man's eyes were deep, and he seemed to be suppressing some kind of emotion, but this emotion was not pressure to make others feel unhappy or aggressive, but a kind of piety like a final sacrifice.

It was as if... after this dance, he was about to head towards an abyss of no return.

Without any unnecessary movement, the man gently pulled her up and let her go.

There was applause and cheers from all around.

Xia Ke saw him gently raising his hand, seemingly touching her temples.

Xia Ke followed his hand and touched the same position, and was stunned, "...when did this come to my head?"

It was the two roses made of diamonds that Shen Ci pinned on her head that day. The two roses were intertwined with each other and had a large area of gorgeous design. Hidden deep inside the two roses, there was a little cat- -All in all, it looks expensive.

Xia Ke didn't accept it at all.

She had just been sent out by the makeup artist in a hurry, and she didn't notice this detail.

A smile flashed across Shen Lin's eyes, and his voice was still cold, but it was gentler than when he spoke to Xia Ke before.

"It looks good." Shen Lin said, "It suits you very well."

Before Xia Ke could reply, the dance music played by the whole audience started to dance together. Her hand was held by someone, and she saw peach blossom eyes that were similar to the man's but completely different.

Alpha smiled and said: "Miss Coco, it's my turn."

"Hey--" Xia Ke was gently led by the man, and the dance partner changed again.