Chapter 158

RACHEL

As waiting for Ezra to come to the room, I start looking around the area and still can't believe he did this even for an hour or so when I was busy talking to Lauren on the phone. I was excited when she told me that she's coming along too and I can stay with her and her boyfriend, Tyler while living in their guest home in the house they bought in Colorado. I'm just lucky to have friends like Lauren to let me stay   with her, especially I don't have the amount of money like millionaires do to afford a apartment or everything else on a student loan. I begin to take off my sweatshirt with forgetting that I had on my lingerie I bought months ago when with Lauren when she was on shopping spree.

I grab my phone with one hand as trying to find the right angle to see the lace and skin showing through. I can't believe I'm wearing the set that Lauren begged me to buy this Victoria's secret purple lingerie set, especially for Ezra or myself to feel more confident. Lauren probably bough five sets, almost every color from the rainbow. I don't know what Ezra is doing in the bedroom as trying to figure out what's the best angle to see all the lace. I try my best to swallow my pride while doing my best to get out of my comfort zone as taking sexy pictures. I remember in high school; I would hear conservations about boys liking the sexy pictures that random girl took for them and sending to them. I annoy those silly times and hold up my phone and angling it straight across from my chest and making sure I don't see my face in them like I'm ghost face.

Moment later, I continue taking pictures with different angles and having my arm feeling like noddle by the time I'm done. I look through the photos and weirdly this sight of confident I always have with Ezra, but it's crushed as hearing the bedroom door opening; I quickly throw my phone away from me and put back on my sweatshirt. I peek through the corner to see before seeing Ezra coming around the corner with holding a box and hands it to me, "Here, I think you should read these," he tells me, and I grab the box from him.

I smile at him, start opening the box as he sits next to me, and I can smell his mint shampoo from last night's shower. I love how to always smells so good. Once unwrapping a tissue paper, I gasp when seeing his journals in the box because I'm surprised, he given me them. I almost have a feeling in my gut that's filled with hurtful and the pain you would feel if someone stabbed you in the heart with a sword; yet I still the truth would be the only good things coming out, if I read the journals that I know he have written since we met because of all of times I have tried to read them. Ezra caught me and gotten mad at me to the point of telling to never read them again. I'm hoping I'm not getting pranked on right now.

"Why are you giving me?" I ask as grabbing the journals out the box and there's probably six journals that's filled with beautiful handwriting. I realize that his handwriting is better than mine, and my writing looks like a child's writing.

"Why what?" he asks then takes a sip out of his wine glass where I feel like the wine looks familiar so some reason. I grabbed the bottle from the table tray and looked at the label, "I might be talking crazy but is this the same wine we were drinking during our—".

"Our first date? Yes, after that day I went back to the restaurant and asked the bartender what wine we had and immediately bought the last bottle they had. I knew I wanted to save the bottle to cherish this special moment, I meant to tell you sooner, but I was scared," he admits as I see his cheeks glowing into a rosy shade like it does when admitting something sweet and I kiss his cheek as he pulls me into his lap, "Why were you scared?".

He looks down for a second then back at me, "I was scared because I never though someone like you wanted someone like me whose nothing besides troubled past," he says in an unconcerned voice, and sign, "I wanted you from the moment I met you on that plane and still want you when moving miles away. I will love you," I confuses, and he smiles as leaning towards me.

...

I flip through the pages of his second half of his journal and he's writing about us breaking into the library.

"As threaten Alex for getting me the keys, I keep looking at Rachel who's behind me with a nervous look on her face and probably thinking about everything that can maybe go wrong in every way. I keep telling her that everything will be fine but she's too stubborn to listen.". I continue reading the paragraph of the journal entry. I still don't believe how he managed to keep writing the journals but I don't want to read that's anymore from a little ache on my heartstrings as I keep getting it. Ezra takes away the journal away from my hands and set it on table as pulling me closer to him, "Do you mind if I ask you something?" he asks. I start getting nervous, I can already feel the beam of sweat appearing on my back.

"What were you doing before I come back? You looked nervous and seem to be hiding something. Please tell me," he says as trying to get the truth out of my system. As much I don't want to say anything, I can't physically lie to him so without saying words, I give him my phone. Ezra grins then grabs it and starts unlocking it. I didn't know he knew the password of my phone but that's the last time I used my birthday as a password, "What's this all about?" he wonders and I'm too embarrassed to answer.

I peek over his shoulder while his thumb slides over to the pictures and his eyes immediately dart to the pictures, "Wh—When did you take these? These are--- um, I'm lost for words." He tries but seems like the cat got his tongue, and it start laughing before trying to grab my phone, but he pulls it away "Raya, come on".

"Um, I kinda took them while you were gone. I guess I wanted to surprise you and make you think I'm sexy," I admitted and automatically hide my face under the covers but still peek at him looking at the photos and zooming in every picture, "Rachel," he tosses the phone aside, and grab her hands, "You are the sexiest woman I ever witness so you don't have to take those pictures. Even though I love them with everything in me. I don't need them because you can wear her hair in a bun or a monkey suit and you are still the sexiest woman," I tell him as kissing her lips which is my favorite thing to do.