Chapter 142

RACHEL

As waiting impatiently and walking around like someone who's for the news of a loved one in the hospital but this time is diffident when waiting for the past five minutes, covering my ears and shoved in the corner because I hate hearing anything that involves yelling. I wipe away a rolling tear down my cheek as thinking the times my parents spent hours screaming on the top of their lungs. They got louder and louder, the more the days came until the liquor bottle in my mother's hand. It started getting out of hand when the police railed in the driveway during three in the morning and seeing my mother being handcuffed.

I feel a slight of pain shooting through my body is realizing I'm a daughter of alcohol addicted assholes whose never give me a human love from being busy of giving a bottle more of the love, I deserved. I connected myself together then looked at the mirror behind the door, to see if my eyes were bloodshot. Luckily, I'm good to go.

I walked in the living room and suddenly my heart breaks in tow when seeing Ezra bended down between his knees and hear little whimpers. I glance at the table, and there's a stack of opened letters that seems to be addressed to Andrea but to Andrea Miller, "You can burn them," he whispers as bringing his head and his eyes are all glossy, and red bloodshot. I walk between his legs, lean down, "You don't mean that,". I drop the letters back on the table and sit next to me and immediately he wraps his arms around me. I hold onto him, "Shhh, I'm here."

...

I hand Ezra a glass of water, and sit down as he drinks the water then makes a face like I tried to poison it, "Thanks," he says, puts the drink down and grab the stack of letters, start flipping through them and I can tell that he's ready to explored like a ticking time bomb, "Are these just random letters of any sort?" I assume. He closes his eyes of frustration, wanders towards the kitchen, grabs a liquor bottle along with a glass and pours himself a glass. I suck in my emotions of how this feeling in my gut is getting painful more and more as the liquor getting poured to just tell me so simple. I desperately of how much he drinks. Ezra comes back when looking at me as sipping on his drink which makes me cringe a little to see him this way, "Those are letters from my parents that decided to give me them," he sarcastically says and finishes his glass.

I nod, looks at the letters then back to him, "Maybe there's a reason why she chose this time to give you those letters. I know it's not the answer you want to hear but just maybe those letters are answers to your questions," I explain to him. He shrugs his shoulders, sits back down, "I wish I would have known about them sooner than later. But they are still bullshit parents who's better with keeping lies and secrets than being parents," he walks back to the kitchen to pour another glass when it's too late to have two glasses of whiskey.