Chapter 137

EZRA

I glance at Rachel who's been biting her nails for the past five minutes, she does it when she's nervous, and probably is right now questioning what to ask or if I would leash out again. I take her hand away from her and kiss it, "Stop it. What are you nervous about?" I ask, and she shrugs her shoulders. I look at her nails with light pink nail polish chipped around the edges; I'm assuming light pink is the new color since she always wears clear nail polish. Rachel has told me before that clear nail polish is simpler than an actual, boring color but I guess she changed her mind, "They look pretty,". She smiles a little, and takes her hand back, "Thanks."

...

As walking into the apartment, I take off of my shoes and jacket. I don't bother putting them away, and I know Rachel will tell me to not be the sloppy pig I am. I go to the bedroom without a hesitation or word to her. I haven't said a word since the drive back here. I lock the door, slide my back against the door, and feel defended like I was in a fist fighter, and I lost.

I have won many fights, but I can't win over the many demons and devils of his one and it's not far for Rachel to get lost in the crossfire of it because of me.