Chapter 135

EZRA

I walk inside the place, and immediately want to get drunk, get into a bar fight where some bastard prick can punch me in the stomach so hard I cough up blood and what's left of my dignity. I shake my head for blaming myself to have Rachel to drive me at fucking bar, when I haven't spoke to her since we got in the car. I also can't blame my alcoholic father because I started drinking because of his bullshit. I remember having my first whiskey and beer when at age thirteen with an old friend, Sam; we would spend the weekends with stupid code club called 'The two W&W'. It's a code of whores and whiskey where we would get random girls who were good enough whore to drink whiskeys and on them. After Sam got caught buying cigarettes with a fake ID and got arrested. I was careful how to use mine.

I sit down on a leather bar stool, grabbed an meal next to me then, an middle aged whose wiping a glass with a dishcloth and has the most weirdest looking mustache I seen, The way that the ends of the mustache curls up a little like he's trying to be a bartender from the 70's, "Hello sir, Is there I can for you?" he asks as putting the clean glass on the shelf behind him, and I nod, "I would take a whiskey. Neat. That's all," I tell him as I pull out my wallet, and slide a twenty dollar bill in front of him. The man grabs the dollar, puts it in his apron then starts making my drinks. Seconds later, my phone starts buzzing to notice multiple texts. And miss calls.

*Mom* Hi sweetheart. Me and your father are so sorry for having you found this way.

*2 missed calls*

*Rachel* What's going on?.

*Rachel* Are you okay? Call me.

*1 missed call*

*Unknown caller* Hello EJ, I'm sorry. Your mother and I love you. Call us back.

*Olivia 'Slutville'* Party. New's year eve you and Rachel can come.

I flicked my middle finger as reading the last message form knowing it's my father. I slam my phone against the hardwood bar table and shake my head of disgust, EJ was a nickname my father would call me when he was drunk and slurring his words to the point you couldn't understand him.

After drinking the last single drop of tequila and taste the sourest out of the lime, I walk around the place to see people go inside a room that's behind a plastic curtain; I move the curtain out of my way, it's a small tattoo shop where there's people laying or sitting on the black leather chairs as tattooist brush ink against pain and ink across the skin to make you feel like a badass. There's a girl in the corner with rainbow hair tattooing a snake on a girl's torso. I looked around some more until ringing the bellhop. The same woman I was looking at a second ago, seals the tattoo wrap.

"Hello, what can I do for you, sir?" she yells out.

"Is there a chance I can get a tattoo at this moment?" I ask as I sign my name on the clipboard by the cash register, "Um, yes I can take you. Follow me," she waves me towards her way. I walk up towards, she pats on the chair as the snake girl pasts me, "What do you want to get? You seem to love getting tattoos," she jokes as poking my arm. I see a notepad under her little table, grab it and start it writing something down, "Can you do this?" I hand her the pad.

She looks at me, "Sure thing,".

...

After an hour of getting the tattoo done, I don't feel any pain from the millionth time of getting a tattoo on my body; I scroll through my photo album to entertain myself while the lady finishes, clicking on the photo album saying 'RIC'. Rachel's initials. I begin to smile at how beautiful she is. How her perfume smelled like vanilla and cinnamon today, she always smells like a sweet cupcake.

I can feel myself blushing from looking at the pictures until I put my phone down. I try to look at my tattoo on my side but decide not to so she's doesn't fuck up, and surprisingly I see Rachel five feet away from me. She looks frustrated, her hair is messy from taking off her beanie she's holding. I take a breath, close my eyes as I hold out my hand, and I smile at her and she rolls her eyes as coming towards me and holds my hand.

"I love you," I tried to break the cold ice look on her face.

"I hate you," she responded and tightened her grip on my hand so that I could see my knuckles turning white.