Chapter 144

RACHEL

As watching Christmas movies on the couch and having my head on Ezra's head. I'm hoping and wishing this feeling in my stomach never goes away because I'm afraid the feeling will go away quicker it will last yet, I spoke too soon as his phone start calling. He rolls his eyes, looks at his phone, "I got to take this," he stands up, and my head falls onto the couch cushion. I watched him walking into the room without saying a word and closing the door.
...
I flip through the channels for a while until stopping on the cooking channel where they are gingerbread house. I think the last time I built a gingerbread was when I was ten and couldn't even finish it because I was mostly eating fresh baked gingerbread cookies my mother was baking. I grab my phone from the table, click on Instagram and start scrolling through the posts of people being excited about New Year's Eve. I roll my eyes as seeing Olivia on my people you know list; I click her profile and the first picture I see her in fishnets and a short leather that you can see half of her ass in every picture I swipe.

I swipe through more pictures on her picture, plenty of them of her shaking her ass in clubs where the clubs get louder, and the drinks get stronger, and you lose yourself in the moment. I hate that she had to be the one to tell me the truth about the bet, sometimes I wish I never knew. I hear the bedroom open and see Ezra walking in the room, "Sweetheart?". I quickly got out of the app, "Who called you?".

"Alex. I think he likes to hear him talk, I barely a word out but he said there was a frat new year's eve party tonight," he jokes, and sits back down on the couch when I staring at him as he takes a gulp of his hot chocolate; his eyes dart at me and I smile real big, and he knew what I was going to ask.

He immediately nods his head no, dramatically stands up, "No no no no no no no," he repeats over and over until reaching to the bedroom and I follow him and close the door, "Why not? I want to go," I reply. Ezra turns around, and his green eyes almost turn black, almost like his heart sometimes. This one is one of the times, "Why the hell would you want to go when you know that place... that place," he points, "Look all I'm saying is that it's trap. Those people want to repeatedly tell you all the horrible things you know I did,". He's out of breath and sits down on the bed, I roll my eyes as going over to the closet and look through the stack of the unworn dresses I haven't worn.

"What are you doing?" he asks.

"I'm going to the party. I'm not going to let those plastic assholes win because they can any game, they want but I'm not too dumb to fool me," I tell him as eyeing this halter neck sequin silver dress with the back being backless, grab it and run to the bathroom before Ezra can say anything or even try to change my mind. I will blow his mind with this dress.