The Great War

A/N: This will be the last chapter of this book.

I would like to thank you all for making this a hit haha couldn't done it without you guys. Grateful for all the support, likes, and comments. Though you have had some trust issues in me, you still wait patiently and hope for the best.

Cookie's parents are not finished yet because I just published the ONE NIGHT TO FOREVER: MINI SERIES. It's much more lighter and funnier. Matatanda na sila dun sa Mini Series.

Thank you! See you in the next book!

For Cookie.

---

37 YEARS LATER

"So yeah, that's basically it." Bongbong said, finishing the story of him and Leni.

Bongbong and Leni were both Ramon Magsaysay awardee this year. This is due to their decades of public service in and outside the country. When Leni decided to move back with Bongbong, she focused on the Cookie Dough Foundation for children. Soon, it became the biggest and largest foundation in the country with over three thousand volunteers and five hundred private companies as their donors. The foundation now provides a wide range of services including medical assistance, education assistance and services, livelihood, and free legal consultation every Wednesday.

"Grabe po pala yung pinagdaanan nyong dalawa." Carmen, the interviewer, commented.

Leni nodded. As part of the awards, they were invited for a talk. "I couldn't imagine how we were able to handle all those. Iniisip ko noon kailan ba kami magiging masaya na magkasama."

"But you're happy now." Carmen remarked. "You have a big family. Meron po kayong 4 children, right? Can you tell me about them?"

"5 actually." Bongbong corrected. They always wanted to include Cookie even though she wasn't there. "Yung panganay namin is si Cookie. Then, Siopao. Then, Cheese. Tapos si Pizza . Then, Macaroni."

"Lahat po pagkain no?" Carmen chuckled.

Bongbong and Leni laughed as well. "Yeah. Kasalanan ni Bong. Sya nagpangalan sa lahat ng mga anak namin. Sabi nya pinag-isipan nya daw ng mabuti. Ayaw nya daw kasi ma-hit sa NBI yung mga bata."

"Maganda kaya. Unique mga names nila. Plus, mga pinaglihian mo yun during your pregnancy with them eh." Bongbong countered. They laugh. "Naalala ko when Leni was pregnant with Siopao, ang gusto nya yung toasted siopao from Naga. So ang ginagawa ng dalawa kong assistant, salitan sila pumunta ng Naga para bumili ng siopao."

They laugh.

"Malalaki na din po sila ngayon. Some of them have their own families na." Carmen brought up.

"Yes yes. Siopao is 34. Cheese is 32. Pizza is 30. Then, Mac is 28." Leni said. "Siopao has three kids. Eldest nya is 5 years old. Si Cheese naman kakakasal lang last year. Tapos si Pizza ay may girlfriend na rin. Si Mac lang ang single. She's focused on her career."

"Speaking of career, kumusta po yung mga anak nyo when it comes to their career? I mean pressured po ba sila because of what you've achieve?" Carmen asked.

"Hindi naman siguro pressure." Bongbong said. "All of our kids are into business except Mac. Pao is currently handling the business since I am retired. His siblings are helping him naman pero he's focused in retail. Cheese is more focused on the finance. Tapos si Pizza is the real estate. Si Mac lang talaga yung hindi napilit mag aral ng business."

Carmen chuckled. "Well, she made the country proud naman po. I mean, she brought the 6th Miss Universe crown for the Philippines."

Bongbong and Leni smiled proudly.