Done Deal

"Jose Christopher Y. Belmonte, also known as Kit is a lawyer, economist, political adviser, and the nephew of Cong. Feliciano Belmonte of Quezon City. Atty. Kit is the eldest son of Dennis and Elsie Belmonte. He was born in Baguio City on March 19. He spent his elementary years at Maryknoll Convent School in Baguio City. He went to University of the Philippines College Baguio when he was in High School while he graduated with the degree of AB Economics at the University of the Philippines Diliman. He also attended the UP college of law after. He served as a legislative staff of Cong. Feliciano Belmonte for 3 years. Currently, he's the Chairperson of the Social Sciences Department at Peña de Francia University and Paralegal Program Officer for Empowering Civic Participation and Governance. He advocates social justice and human rights, socialized housing for the poor, and many other things." Charity read aloud from her iPad.

Bongbong was sitting on his office chair, intently listening to her. He must admit that he's quite amazed by what Kit has been doing. "Any personal information? Like relationships or mga rumors about him?"

Cha put down her device and looked at Bongbong. She's trying to figure out how to tell him some stuff she just knew about Kit. "Boss, kasi—"

"Anong meron?" He asked.

Cha sighed. "Regarding sa personal relationships ni Atty. Kit, isa lang po ang nasagap ko eh. It's about him and Ma'am Leni."

Bongbong's ears perked up. "What about them?"

Cha knew that Bongbong's going to be interested. "Sabi sabi po sa campus na may something po sina Atty. Kit saka si Ma'am. Sobrang close po nila like para po silang mag jowa. Lahat daw po ng faculty, staff, and students boto sa kanilang dalawa. Sobrang sweet daw po nila sa isa't isa like hinihintay daw po ni Atty. Kit si Ma'am Leni sa labas ng classroom kapag last class na ni Ma'am kasi ihahatid daw po si Ma'am pauwi. They're inseparable, boss."

"Do they know that I am Leni's husband?" Bongbong emphasized.

Cha nodded. "Yung faculty and staff po alam, pero students aren't informed about your wedding."

"And? Anong tingin nila dun?" He almost exclaimed. "They knew that Leni's married so bakit pa nila ililink sa iba?!"

Cha didn't bother to speak. She knew that Bongbong just wanted to rant.

"They should know their boundaries!" He exclaimed. "Alam naman siguro nila that we owned the school so they better start correcting their behaviors."

Cha nodded. "What do you want to do, boss?"

He sighed. "Can we fire Kit?"

Cha was surprised. "I don't think it's the right way to do, boss." She hesitated.

He frowned. "Why not?"

"Kasi po wala naman po tayong grounds for terminating him eh." Cha reasoned out. "Besides, he's been an asset of the school ever since he's been teaching there. The whole campus loves him, boss. Madam Imelda likes him. Ma'am Leni loves him too." She trailed off.

Bongbong glared at her. "Kanino ka ba kampi, Charity?!"

"Boss, syempre sa'yo." Cha uttered. "Pero iniisip ko lang boss na hindi talaga yun ang tamang paraan eh."

He rolled his eyes. "Eh anong gagawin natin?"

Cha beamed. It's rare to hear Bongbong asking for her ideas. "Talunin natin si Atty. Kit sa patas na laban, boss. Susuyuin natin si Ma'am Leni. Bakuran mo na si Ma'am."

---

Bongbong went home to their mansion earlier than usual because it's weekend. Surprisingly, he saw Leni there too. He went to Leni's direction who's busy talking with Imelda.