In a Café

Leni woke up without Bongbong on her side. It's been a week since they got married but it feels like a decade of misery. They haven't been sleeping in one bed, they're not talking to each other, and doesn't share anything. It feels like she's been married to a ghost. She sighed.

She got up to order breakfast for the both of them but she was surprised to not see him anywhere in the room they've been staying. They were still in New York for their "first leg of honeymoon" as what Imelda called it, but she cannot even think of it as honeymoon. It's just waking up in another country.

She looked at the view from the big windows, it's beautiful. She can see the sun and the clouds plus the busy city, she decided to just make the most out of this trip. Minsan lang 'to mangyari sa buhay ko so i-enjoy ko nalang. She thought. She started eating and prepared herself for a stroll around the city.

She strolled around Central Park, she was bedazzled. There are a lot of people doing some outdoor activities — bike rentals, yoga classes, picnics, running and walking, cycling, and many more. She also observed how refreshing it is to stroll around the area as it was a pedestrian friendly plus many activities. She started to capture everything she sees using her phone. She then discovered that there are a lot of tickets and tours available, she started to check what to try from the pedicab tours, bus tours, carriage tours, up to helicopter tour for couple.

"OA naman sa presyo! 44,000.00 php to?!" She said to herself when she saw how much the helicopter tour for couple cost.

Someone smirked beside her. "Pinoy ka rin?"

Leni was surprised to see another Filipino there. "Oo. Ikaw din, I suppose?"

"I'm Migz." He offered his hand, she gladly took it for a shake hand.

"Leni." She smiled.

"So, Leni, where are you going?" Migz asked, searching for an activity he might like.

"Um parang bibili nalang ako ng ticket dito sa Museum of Natural History. Ito na yata ang pinakamura eh." Leni said, the ticket costs almost 2,000.00 php each.

"Great!" Migz exclaimed. "That's where I'm heading too. Tara?"

Leni smiled and nodded. "Tara."

They went to the 45 Museums Halls of the American Museum of Natural History where 32 million of specimens are there for them to see. They explored all the permanent exhibitions including the floor of dinosaurs and the Rose Center for Earth and Space.

"Download the Explorer App here." Migz said.

"Ano yun?" Leni asked.

"App nila yan dito sa Museum. May turn-by-turn navigation sya plus behind the scenes stories ganyan and there's quizzes too." Migz informed her. Clearly, he visited the place before. "Sige na, i-install mo na yung app para mas ma-enjoy mo naman."

"Okay." She said. After a while, she finally installed the app and explored it for a while. "Hala! Ang ganda nito! Ang saya. Wait mag quiz tayo." She tap and tap on her phone enthusiastically.

After the museum they tried the Central Park Movie Locations Walking Tour for 2,086.00 php per person. It's a 2-hour stroll with a guide on the sites where some famous films shot.

"Wow! Sobrang ganda dito." Leni smiled widely at Migz after they went to Bandshell from Breakfast at Tiffany's. She felt like Audrey Hepburn. They also fed the some pigeons just like in Home Alone 2. Leni kept on laughing at how Migz posed. They photographed each other all throughout the tour. In total, they visited almost 40 locations. They were exhausted.

"Pwede ba rest muna tayo? Medyo napagod ako eh." Leni requested. They sat down at one of the benches.  

"Wait for me here." Migz said. He disappeared in front of her even before she gets to say something.