Sky Deck

Leni went home from the university, it was such a tiring day for her. Lately, she's been feeling fatigue and sick, she knew it's because of her being pregnant. She's in her first trimester plus the fact that she was rushed into marrying someone she barely even know, let alone transferring into another house was making her feel like she's in hell.

She entered the tall gate of the mansion when she realized there's some people she didn't know, there were luxury cars parked too. "Party?" She asked herself. She entered the mansion quietly not get noticed by anyone, but she was unsuccessful.

"Leni, hija!" It was her mother-in-law, Imelda. "Come here, ipapakilala kita sa mga amiga ko." She dragged Leni to where they are. Leni felt shy the moment she saw her mother-in-law's amigas, they were all look expensive.

"Everyone, I would like you to meet my daughter-in-law, Leni Marcos." Imelda announced, holding Leni close to her.

Leni did her best to smile genuinely, she hate being on the spotlight. "Hello po, good evening po."

Imelda's friends came to her to exchange pleasantries with her. She was even more shy after realizing how she looked like and how she smelled like since she just got home from work. "Pasensya na po kayo medyo hindi na po maayos ang itsura ko, I just got home from school po."

"You're a teacher, hija?" Vivian, one of Imelda's friends asked.

Leni nodded. "Yes po, maam. I am teaching Economics and other social sciences subjects in college po."

Imelda's friends were impressed. "Mukhang matalinong bata itong bago mong anak, amiga. And please, don't call us Ma'am, from now on we're your Titas." Mary, another friend of Imelda remarked.

Imelda smiled proudly, "Of course, amiga. She's from UP School of Economics. She has a Juris Doctor Degree too. Sa Francia sya nagteteach amiga, plano ko nga sya na mag manage ng university in the future eh. Alam mo naman hindi na tayo bumabata kaya need na mag plano. I think Leni can manage the university well eh, she knows how it works plus alam nya ang experience ng pagiging educator so she can assess easily diba."

Imelda's friends nodded in agreement. They were all convinced with Imelda's plan while Leni was in total shock. She just married into the family for like two weeks, and now she's expected to run a university with 10,000 students plus more than 1,000 staff. She think she's gonna faint.

"Magaling din talaga pumili si Bongbong ng mapapangasawa. Bagay na bagay sila." Norma, another amiga, stated.

They all agree.

"Speaking of Bongbong, i-excuse muna natin 'to si Leni because Bongbong is here already. Puntahan mo na hija so that you can bonding naman." Imelda ushered Leni inside their home.

Leni was surprised to know the news. She's hesitant on what to do given the real score between her and Bongbong. After all, she obeyed her mother-in-law and proceeded to their room upstairs.

She turned the knob slowly, avoiding too much noise. When she entered the room, she was greeted by Bongbong's cold gaze. "Hi!" She greeted awkwardly.

He didn't bother to respond and continue to pack his stuff. He just came home from New York, he didn't know that Leni was in the mansion too, specifically in his room. "Why are you here?" He asked coldly.

For a moment, Leni didn't know what to say. She wanted to clarify if he's talking about her staying at the mansion or he's asking why is she there with him in the bedroom. She just chose to answer both. "Dito kasi ako pinatuloy ng mommy mo. Pagkadating ko from States, your mom told me na dito na daw muna ako while you're still not here. Sorry if hindi kita nasabihan."