Where Are You

The next morning, Bongbong woke up with his phone ringing. He forced his arms to reach his device, he answered it without even seeing the caller id.

"Boss? Kakagising mo lang ba? Malalate ka na boss, 7:30 na." He knew it was Cha the moment he heard the other line. His eyes instantly widened after hearing her. He looked at the clock and it's indeed 7:30am. He hurriedly got up, dropping his phone on his bed. "Hello? Hello, boss? Late na po tayo— boss?"

Call ended.

After an hour of preparing, Bongbong went out of his room.

Where's Leni?

He asked himself. Leni wasn't there in the couch. He went to the kitchen hoping to see her there, but she wasn't. He checked the table but there was no breakfast served. Cha wasn't there eating too.

Where's Leni?

He kept asking himself. His heart was beating so fast as he thinks of many possible scenarios in his head. He immediately went back to the living room where she's been staying, his world stopped when he saw that her luggage, shoes, books, and other stuff wasn't there anymore.

Suddenly, there's no Leni knocking on his door to wake him up, no breakfast, no voices chatting in the kitchen. No one was asking him if he wants to eat breakfast.

Where's Leni?

He asked again, he felt lonely. He was supposed to see her first thing in the morning. He was supposed to hear her knock on his door. He was supposed to see her chatting with Cha who's eating at the kitchen island, she was supposed to prepare breakfast for him. But she wasn't there anymore.

He was brought back to reality when his phone rang. He remembered Cha still waiting for him outside. He unlocked the door and let his EA in.

"Good morning, boss! Late na tayo ng gising—" Cha halted. She noticed how Bongbong's face looked like, he looked like the company has go bankrupt. It looks like the world war III has began. "Bakit boss?" She asked.

He shook his head. "Wala. Kunin mo na mga gamit ko, alis na tayo." He walked out.

She frowned. Something felt weird today. She got all his things when she noticed how the living room looked like, how the smell of the house smelled like, how it feels gloomy. She then realized Leni wasn't there.

A realization hits her.

---

Bongbong is not feeling okay. He's not talking that much either. He's just there at his office doing his paperwork. He wanted to be busy so badly to forget how bothered he was with his situation with Leni. While in the middle of work, he suddenly felt like he was anticipating something. He checked his wrist watch, 11:45am. He looked at his door but there's nothing.

He pressed the intercom to call Charity inside. "Charity?"

"Yes boss?" Cha answered from outside.

"You can come in now." He said.

"Okay po." Cha replied.

After a few seconds, Charity knocked on his door which he immediately responded. They looked at each other probably waiting for someone to talk first.

"Where is it?" Bongbong asked.

Cha was confused. "Ang alin po? May pinapadala po ba kayo dito? Wala po akong narinig sa intercom kanina."

He looked at her coldly. "No, Charity. I mean where is it? It's already 12 noon."

Cha frowned. She didn't know what he's talking about. "Ang alin po? Wala naman po akong—"