Chapter 25 - The Cure for Chaos is Stillness

Present Mic wasted no time and opened the door for me. When I walked inside, he closed the door behind him and went to my side. 

We were both facing Nezu's desk. He was probably sitting in that chair, but the back of it was turned to face us. 

"Here she is." Present Mic grumbled. 

Nezu spun around in his chair, one paw on top of the other in a professional kind of way. 

"Good Morning, Glitch." He greeted calmly. 

"Can't say the same for you." I replied. I never have deceiving flashbacks, so either that was a flash of something that happened before and I just couldn't remember, or it wasn't a flashback at all and was really a sort of vision of what was about to happen soon. 

I rarely have visions, though, so it must be a flashback. 

However, thinking about it didn't raise my spirits. If anything, it brought my mood down. I was starting to hate this rat even more. 

"I have a little experiment I want to test on you." Nezu explained. 

My eyes widened......He wanted to what?

To experiment. 

On me. 

ME. 

My head snapped towards my right. The old nurse and that detective from a few days ago were standing in his office. 

Great. JUST when I thought that my day was off to a great start. 

Without a second thought, I pushed Present Mic aside. He caught me, which I expected. When he did, I jumped and roundhouse-kicked him away. Surprised, he stumbled back. That's when I opened the door. 

Indigo was right outside. What was he doing?

Indigo stiffened, startled at the sight of being caught eavesdropping so quickly. I had to say, surprise didn't look good on him. Especially with those dark circles under his eyes. I pulled him by the collar and closed the door. Then, I turned and wrapped my arms around his neck. 

He was taller than me, but I didn't care. I used my Quirk, my real Quirk, and drained his energy out. It knocked him unconscious just like that. 

"You try anything and the kid gets it." I stated menacingly. 

"Aren't you around the same age?" The detective asked seriously. "That's some bold language coming from his peer."

"You're wrong about that," Present Mic said, looking over at him. "She could be a lot older, but the highest age number we think she might be is nineteen."

The detective looked slightly intrigued by this information. 

Nezu frowned. "Relax, child." He said. "I'm not going to try and harm you. I learned that lesson the hard way from your last visit."

My grip on the boy tightened. So that whole ordeal did happen. That 'experiment' talk wasn't just for show - it was a clue.

Present Mic faced me with a glare. "Put him down."

I grinned viciously at him. "Make me, old-timer."

Present Mic's fingers clenched into a fist. He stepped up in front of me before Nezu stopped him. "Don't." The rat said. "It'll only make things worse."

Present Mic angrily turned to Nezu. "You know what she did. To Recovery Girl. To Midnight." He looked down with rage. "To Shota."

He then proceeded to point a finger at me accusingly. "I never thought she'd manage to trick him so easily. She's got him wrapped around his finger. Kayama, too. And you expect me to do nothing?!"