Chapter 11 - The Sports Festival

Aizawa POV

Today's the day of the Sports Festival. Meaning that I had to get up earlier than usual. Which also meant waking Glitch up earlier than usual. Which also meant breaking the news that she was going to be helping out with the details involving the students, and bracing myself for whatever mood she's in once I break the news.

Why couldn't Mic do this? One word and she'd be up faster than a blink of an eye.

Okay. Here we go.

I opened the door and found no Glitch to be seen. Although the bed was perfectly made. A thought came to mind: How could she have made the bed if she's never slept in one before? I shook my head slightly to remind myself of my current task. Looks like the information she told me yesterday still hasn't sunk in. Anyway, if Glitch wasn't in bed then where was she?

I stepped into the room and took a look around. "Hi Aizawa." A feminine voice said from behind me. I turned my head to see Glitch standing beside me. I'm not exactly sure if I was shocked or not but it was weird how she was suddenly right beside me. "Are you ready?" I asked her. She nodded and touched her fingertips, transforming into 'Amaya'.

So that means that All Might cuffs her when she sleeps. But weren't they Quirk-canceling cuffs...?

Since I couldn't uncuff her because of my cast, I decided to let someone else do it once we got to the Arena.

For now the plan was to get to the cafeteria, and Present Mic would meet us there and take Glitch the rest of the way. He had already done what he was supposed to do at the Arena, so we would switch so I wouldn't have to supervise her while I worked. I led her to the cafeteria where I got her a slice of bread and some juice. "You're spoiling me, Aizawa." She said picking the crumbs up from her plate once she was done. "Yeah. I'm aware." I said with a hint of sarcasm.

Mic finally arrived and we switched places. I just hope that once he brings her to me, her eardrums wouldn't be shattered. Wait a second- Doesn't she have sensitive ears? Uh oh.

Your POV

"Alriight! Before we get back to the Arena, I thought that we could play cards. 'Cause we didn't get to finish our game last time. And I've thought up a strategy that'll knock your socks off!" Present Mic announced pointing to my feet. "Um...ok?" I said, not really knowing what to say. I figured this was just a distraction to pass the time.

Present Mic then looked at where he was pointing and exclaimed, "Wait a minute. Where are your socks?! Or shoes for that matter?!" I looked down at my feet. He was right. I still had those little bandages covering the bottom of my feet from when I arrived here. My toes and heel were the only things visible. Oof. All this time I didn't realise that I'm not wearing anything on my feet.

"Hm. I dunno. I didn't realise I wasn't wearing anything." I stated. "How can you ignore the fact that you're walking around different surroundings without shoes?! It sounds painful! Yikes!" He exclaimed. I shrugged again. "Don't tell me you've been walking around without anything to wear on your feet this whole time!"

"Ok." I said and picked up the cards he had dealt. "Your move."

"W-? We need to get you shoes, dude!" He said. "And why do you have bandages? Are you hurt or--"  "So...No card game?" I asked, confirming. 

Present Mic got up from the table. "Come on. Let's get you something to wear on those feet! YEEAAH!" The next minute or so, I found myself watching Present Mic pick up fancy shoes he had gotten from some room.

Wait a second. Why so sophisticated-looking? Then a little lightbulb clicked on inside my head. I was going to be disguised as someone who was helping out with the Sports Festival preparations. But...If he's getting me this type of footwear, it makes it look like the real deal. So am I actually going to be helping out?