Chapter 22 - Day 6 Of The Internship Week || A Call From Deku

Guys--

I. Am. So sorry. I've been suffering from serious Writer's Block. I literally forgot I had this in my drafts and I thought I published it already. And then I edited the whole thing because I realised that it was practically garbage and then poof! Ideas suddenly came flowing into my head. 😭💀

I'm sorry for all my other readers too. As of today, I'm going to say that this story is going to be a bit slow when it comes to updates due to Education, myself, and other extracurricular activities. But it's not going on Hiatus and it's not going to be deleted.

I'm not even gonna proof-read because I've kept y'all waiting long enough. So I apologise if there are some spelling mistakes. 

I hope this chapter makes up for my absence. Enjoy 😅

--Little Angsty so a bit of TW--

Dw I'll say when it's done :)

-----

Your POV

My eyes slowly fluttered open. But what I saw confused me. It was just as pitch black as it would've have been if my eyes were closed. 

I blinked repeatedly, as if trying to squint and see if there was anything that would be visible. But the dark atmosphere remained just the same. There was nothing around me but an endless black void that I seemed to be floating in. 

But then I heard a soft giggle, that echoed through my head and grew louder and louder with each repeat. 

I planted my feet on the invisible ground and turned around fast. Someone was here.

I recognised that laugh though. But there's no way that's possible.  Besides, it sounded almost psychotic.

Whoever it was laughed again, but I could hear it much better now. Still, that didn't stop the irritating echo. 

"So," a feminine voice was heard. The sound reflected and bounced off in all sorts of ways. The louder the repeated word grew, the more my head throbbed.

"Glitch, huh? That's what you've named yourself now." Whoever the person was burst into a fit of giggles. I clenched my first. She sounded too much like her. But I knew that was impossible. Not unless I was dreaming. 

That's when I heard two voices overlapping instead of one. They were laughing at me, at the situation. But they sounded the same. And I couldn't tell where the noise came from. It wasn't like I could see the person.  

The only thing I did notice about the voices were that the person who had spoken before was definitely one of them. And the other voice just sounded sad and helpless. How could two totally different sounding people sound exactly the same? 

I kept turning my head left and right, trying to pinpoint where the two voices came from. But the volume and the echoes were messing around with my hearing senses, and it was like they were on both sides.

That's when a blinding light flashed my eyes. I covered them with my arms and winced before noticing that the light had dialed down. Just like that, it was pitch-black again. But without hesitation, I ran towards where the light had been before. It confirmed my suspicions when the two voices got louder and louder, indicating that I was getting closer.

So I picked up my running pace. The volume of the voices mocking me began to really hurt my ears, but I didn't stop. I knew I was almost at the end, even if I couldn't see it.  

The callous voice I heard spoke up.

"You're actually okay with being called 'Glitch'..." She echoed again. I could hear the taunting tone in her voice. But that wasn't what pissed me off. It was what she said next.